Why Not Push Back Shadowlands Release?

It doesn’t matter because they’ve made it very clear it’s NOT getting delayed.

If they release it early people willl complain. If they release it on time people will complain. If they release it late people will complain. It’s almost as if it doesn’t matter when it comes out.

People in this thread are missing something important.

What makes you think more time would make any difference?

They don’t care about class design. Many of the issues from 2 years ago (BfA beta) are still present, for many classes.

Is two years not enough time? Time to get some better developers, then.

You also mentioned taking feedback into account. They don’t do that, they almost never have. They’re going to ignore all the feedback and release according to their “vision”, and not make any fixes until the torches and pitchforks come out.

Just like Horrific Visions, Corruption, account-wide Essences, Legendary RNG from Legion, and so many other things.

The problem isn’t a lack of time. The problem is that they simply do not care what the players think.

1 Like

Yes, there actually is a legal requirement because they announced it would be released before the final day of 2020. There are a butt load of consumer protection laws (most outside the US) that they would violate by delaying the game.

The problem is the type of feedback is not something Blizzard cares to hear. Blizzard does not want you telling them how to run their ship. They just don’t.

Targeted feedback like “this feels good” and “this feels bad” does resonate with them. But #RemoveVoidform… they throw that in the trash. Straight to the trash. Don’t tell them how to make the game otherwise your feedback goes straight into the trash.

First of all they really should have waited to Pre-purchuse was way to early…If anyone gets a whiff of a delay yeah people will ask for refunds…I would be one of them…I was seriously thinking about jumping ship to go to eso…its now August…the beta lasts top-three months that brings up to September…I’m crossing my fingers for November but I already now we are going to have at least a dozen patches…they have to release something…even if it’s just with no conduits and no legendaries…I would be fine with that

Um Beta just started

The game will be features complete when it launches in November, they aren’t behind schedule on any of this.

Which is why I said that more time won’t matter.

More time allows more polish, but no amount of time will solve all disagreements about the fundemental directions of things.

2 Likes

That same relief package that prevented employees from suing employers for contracting COVID would allow the employers to sue the employees for working with COVID. /lol

1 Like

Money

Sometimes it does. People have pointed out the Mind Blast CD desync since it was implemented, and that’s still in SL right now. I think Blizzard is more receptive to feedback recently than it has been in the past, but there’s no shortage of unfathomable changes that play bad and are deeply unpopular.

1 Like

For current AAA and any business suit companies, it’s better to release a rushed game, even if it’s beyond terrible, then release a complete game.

I do not like the current industry environment.

Oh yeah, that’s why Anthem did so well.

1 Like

As is Mighty No. 9.

1 Like

Honestly, while I don’t want them to delay it I think this would be the one time where they could without repercussions because of everything going on in the world. They should IMHO take advantage of that if necessary.

Shadowlands is FAR FAR FAR from being ready to be released. I would prefer they get it right when they release it so we don’t have the problems of past expansions. When the game goes down to fix stuff then people complain about that. No one will ever be happy.

1 Like

Yep. Sold well and that’s all these AAA’s care about.

The notion of them delaying release that it’ll somehow magically solve the persons issues with classes is just naive really.

They have an internal release date, they don’t do big changes during Beta so that would of been in Alpha anyhow.

And there is no certainty that even if delayed, things would be better.

Ultimately, no ‘legal’ reason. Just pressure to keep onto an internal schedule to stop bleeding subs, keep shareholders interested, and allow them to keep on their schedule. (All assumptions since non-blizz people have no real idea).

Anthem missed its sales forecast, especially the early forecasts prior to Q1 2019 (when they knew the game was a dud). It’s a failure for EA, especially since it failed utterly at creating a live service game that can generate ongoing revenue like Apex Legends or Fortnite.