Why not just play retail at this point?

Yes but even though our retail world is the same world brought about by the Cataclysm, rumor has it that our world is once again getting a massive reset after Dragonflight.

I prefer Wrath talents over Cata. But I prefer Cata talents over DF.

Blizz supposedly made the talent changes in Cata for more of an RP thing. So… your a fire mage you say? Then you spec almost all into fire. Not 10 points into the spec just to get a cool spell from it and the rest all spread out in other places.

They also had a smaller dev team for original Cata. And had more focus on PvP. PvP requires the most attention to detail for balance. So their only choice left was to give less talent points and not more.

71 points at 80
41 at 85
Instead of 76 at 85, then 81 at level 90.

So they scrunched numbers down a bit.

4 Likes

That requires leveling 2 different characters for different games and 2 different guild/servers. I would say failed logic is when someone is upset that other people want a server for wrath era. It literally does not effect you in any way.

You’ve never had an alt before?

For starters, you can stop with that self righteous “you’re just upset that people want wrath era!” BS. Most people against them now did not care one way or the other until you people started flooding the forums and getting snippy and insulting everyone that didn’t agree with anything they said. Not to mention the ridiculous claims about how “terrible” and “a mistake” Cata Classic would be and always saying it’s just retail in some poor effort to downplay its existence. You brought the pushback on yourselves

And second, yes it absolutely does affect us. It takes resources away from the development team for a program that their data says won’t be worth the effort. There’s zero evidence to believe a Wrath era server would be self-sustainable, and plenty of evidence to the contrary, namely the state of Vanilla era as well as the state of Wrath Classic even before the announcement of Cata

8 Likes

You can do the same with BC and Wrath. Sure you can do the quests solo. But it’s next to impossible to find groups for Cata dungeons or raids. Imo Cata is nothing like retail but even if it was the whole point of Classic for me is to replay the expansions with a large group of people all moving through them together. MMO’s are only fun when you have people to play with. In retail almost no one is doing the early expansions. Almost everyone is doing the most recent expansions dungeons and raids.

Vanilla era is still there for that.

3 Likes

Why don’t you have the balls to ever post under your CM account? Don’t tell me you really troll the forums all day and actually pay Blizzard to do it.

2 Likes

Pick the flavor of vanilla even.

Sod
Normal. Hard core Or self found as more options.

3 Likes

The thing that kills me about this is that Blizzard more or less predicted this when people asked about first making a WoW Classic and they said ‘you say you want this but you really don’t.’ And then the open beta happened and people were complaining wanting quality of life changes. Like yeah, we want classic but we actually want Classic+.

And then BC and Wrath came out… and they were way more popular than WoW Classic. And now look at all the WoW Classic legacy servers… they’re ghost towns.

The same is happening with Cata, yeah they want Cata… but they want all these retail features. Realistically they could have just made Cata into a mini-game part of retail.

1 Like

New poster never seen before:

immediately talks about wrath era servers and how cata sucks

Huh :thinking:

5 Likes

I play retail. I love it.

3 Likes

It’s not too bad. I’m digging destro lock, feels a lot like it did in Pandaria. I might actually grind out keystone master for once, once I’m done with the level grind here

No you couldn’t. Go play Cata Demo on retail… oh… you cant.

5 Likes

Sure you can, it just got renamed to Havoc Demon Hunter :rofl:

(Yes I’m joking just in case the unserious tone is lost on someone…)

Edit: oh wait that was Pandaria where Dark Apotheosis was big, wasn’t it…

1 Like

I felt this way about Wrath so I played DF for most of it. I’m excited for cata Classic.

Cata classic is the superior version of Retail because it doesn’t have Vulpera.

3 Likes

But it lacks meme like “I agree, nerf dh”.

This has me torn sometimes lol.

Dragonflight is so good so play it! I would say Classic is more a remaster of an old game. Playing the game to see how it was at certain points in time.

2 Likes

Retail is nothing like Cata.

Cata feels much more like vanilla as a whole.

5 Likes

Why not just play retail at this point?

In Cata I dont have too see Pandas or Vulpera. NEXT.

3 Likes

you people make it really hard to sympathize with such dumb statements about cata being retail
you clearly know nothing of the game if you think cata is any closer to retail than it is to wrath

8 Likes

I want MOP classic !!!

5 Likes