Why not give Casuals high lvl gear?

Not a delusion. I was close to the highest ilvl in BfA as a solo player. I just wanted that back.

2 Likes

Same arguments were around when dungeons were looking to gain Mythic difficulty, and M+ gear competing with raid gear after that. Not terribly surprised to see the latest incarnation of the Blizzard Defense Force desperately arguing against providing more content and options.

3 Likes

according to another thread you will have no point in playing the new area, in 9.2, if they keep to their intended ilvl range which is lower than 233.

1 Like

titanforging was nice to have - even if you didn’t get a piece all that often

1 Like

If you scroll back up to the top you can see how quickly users jumped to the worst conclusions just to be justified in blasting my view into oblivion.

2 Likes

This is what’s astounding to me:

The game has always, 100% catered to those who engage in group content. In fact, the gripes in this thread were magnified back then when you had fewer grouping options and soloing was even less rewarding. You say this as if somehow this game hoodwinked you and suddenly dropped the MMO part of MMORPG on you.

There was no “getting what we wanted.” We did not take anything away from whatever contrived, weird stance you’re taking here. The game was never the way you are describing it. Ever. You guys are victimizing yourselves over… something that never existed to begin with. For what?

People are illiterate. Ok. That does not mean a war is being waged against you.

1 Like

And if I want a higher ilvl, I know how and where to get it done.

1 Like

I loved titanforging. Gave me a reason to keep playing. Gave me a reason to do all the WQs, not just the gold ones. Even though in reality I got like maybe 1 piece of actual good titanforge in my life lols.

Elitists yet again ruined another good thing though.

3 Likes

there were threads in BfA about people complaining about the gear people were getting from world content - a blue even explained that they were rewarding based on how long people had to play to get the top ilvl from world content.

I will just unsub.

2 Likes

I haven’t even started counting the number of personal attacks users have made.

2 Likes

So, just out of curiosity, you hated WoW pre-Legion, then? Or did you not play pre-Legion?

1 Like

I already have. As have hundreds of thousands of others.

I hope the elite enjoy what is left.

2 Likes

That’s different. Report their comments then. You were talking about a war being raged against casuals, not people personally attacking you as an individual. I’m not talking about your personal attacks. I responded specifically to:

If Blizzard cared about their player-base I’d wager one of them would’ve stepped in here by now.

Though I suspect their silence and inaction is implicit of them accepting the status quo as the gearing streams to be “good enough” or acceptable.

2 Likes

MoP let you get almost as good gear as normal raiders (heroic now) with the valor point system. And WoD for a long while the mission table would reward you with gear a higher ilvl than the content you were doing. Most people I imagine just played the mission table in WoD for gold though, so gear didn’t matter when there was no enjoyable world content to do.

2 Likes

The excuses by bad players pretending to be casuals continues

Fixed for you.

So does Korthia. But apparently that’s not good enough, anymore.

You make it sound as if some moderator is watching you be verbally abused and is cheering to spite you. Which is, well… nonsense. Just report the comments.

And, I do recognize you’ve moved goalposts twice now. This does not change that there is no “war on casuals” like you proclaim.

EDIT: Quote broke…

I really enjoyed titanforging more than this system, even though my ilvl was lower for more ‘work’.

I ask myself all the time now why I am logging in in fact since there is nothing to gain anymore.

1 Like

Why else is most everyone leaving in droves?

Ion has his raiders only theme park and most everyone hates it.

1 Like