Why nerfing Raszageth at this point?

At least for me that’s the problem, at some point turns N/H like a casual scene and block those players from the content in mythic due to logictics that doesn’t exist in the previous tiers.

true.

That’s a small % of groups that’ll bench a player, a lot of groups have the skill to clear heroic but can’t attempt Mythic encounters due to the group size, maybe doing heroic with 13-15 is easier as you mention but that’s the Dev side for tuning. I don’t think cross - realm fix anything due to the weekly ID from Mythic compared to Heroic and there’s still the fact that gather 20+ players is way harder from a logistic point of view.

You’re just showing that you don’t understand how Mythic fights work.

It isn’t just bigger numbers. The mechanics and solutions themselves are tuned and hard coded around having a specific number of people to deal with them.

H Rasz is the worst end of raid boss I’ve ever had to slay. I killed her pre-nerfs. Nerf her to the ground!

1 Like

A lot of the guilds I view have all done the same thing: they afk-farm M+ for EZ loot, until their average iLevel of the raid is just around i410 … and then brag about killing a boss … that drops i411 loot.

M+ has DRAMATICALLY affected Heroic raiding this tier. I think I’ve taken one, MAYBE two drops from bosses, the rest was all M+ because it’s just VASTLY better.

The Catalyst and uncapped Valor only solidified this reality.

But EZ loot to kill a boss just by being overgeared feels incredibly unrewarding. I want to open that loot window and exclaim OH -EMM- GEE!!! I GOTTA HAVE THAT!!!

Instead, when we got our Heroic kill, everyone passed. lol “Did the bow drop? No? Then… meh… you want this? No… I’ll just DE if no one wants this? Xmog? ok … take it.”

That should NEVER happen.

And the reason it’s happening is the fight is WAYYYYYY overtuned.

5 Likes

So, how’s that N/H mechanics work with groups from 10 to 30 players? Mythic mechanics are the same just set to a fixated value of 20 players, but those same mechanics could be dynamic depending of the group size. That’ll cause that some groups with 15 spawn 3 adds and a group with 16 4 adds…sure but at least players could engage those encounters, not all the groups bench a player just to avoid an extra add, there’s players that have a small group of friends.

My only gripe with M Raids is if I join a PUG I’m bound to that raid for the week.

Let me attempt it with my guild and also PUG it, just lock me out of loot if I already looted that boss.

1 Like

Nope! Its designed this way so you can’t BOE farm mythic trash and be full ivl 421.

It’s not that simple, as the age of 10-25 person raiding taught us.

It’s not JUST the numbers that scale.

Raid composition DRAMATICALLY affects how a fight plays out. And how many people are in your raid really, REALLY complicates that. Again as reference, the 10man raids were very often MUCH harder than 25m, just because you had fewer raid dynamics because of a small composition of classes.

It’s harder to balance than you think.

Lock me out of loot of all the trash I’ve already cleared.

Can you even get a full set from trash mobs?

It’s probably more efficient to spam M+ with your guild to get guaranteed drops each run instead of a small chance for maybe a drop every other trash clear.

They dont have a system for that, only bosses.

… It like you just don’t want people doing mythic raids lol.

Just add that system onto those trash mobs.

Similar to how if I get that blue rep token from a trash mob in Heroic, I can’t get the token from N or LFR that week.

So it’s like they already have added it to the trash mobs.

I think you’re right about this, but I’m thinking from a point of allowing more players to engage those encounters when its current. Because it’s a game and it’s about fun, I do AOTC and that’s the whole raid content since I only raid with groups of 13-15 players, looking and coordinate 20+ players in a set schedule with multiple time zones :clown_face:

I think adjusting how the Mythic lockout works would do orders of magnitude more for Mythic raiding than anything.

Because avoiding a beam is hard.

1 Like

I agree with everything you said except the overtuned part.

H Raz was already a joke. People don’t run it because the loot is terribad.

M Raszageth has a lot of moving parts to it that make progression on it pretty inconsistent. There are a lot of ways to just immediately wipe.

Hitting the throughput checks even harder should allow people to focus more on the mechanics.

This is also a bit of an issue as well, tbh. Most of the gear on that boss is useless. The tier helms aren’t worth much because of M+. The trinkets are bad. The only item people really want is the Hunter bow, and that’s a problem.

1 Like

They always have and will nerf the final boss of any raid tier when the halfway point has come to pass. It’s to allow groups to get more clears on the boss and be able to clear it for their CE. It’s not an issue of numbers but the fact that it’s always tuned for the top 200-300 guilds. So they do a final tuning pass to bring it down more to match more of what the “lower end” mythic guilds are able to do. TBH razageth mythic has not been a joke either, its a really hard boss honestly, and still will be even with these nerfs.

What was your raid iLevel when you beat her?

Pretty much every raid I’m in touch that makes that “pfftt a joke” comment was right at the i410 range.

So uhm yeah… it SHOULD be a joke … when you OVERGEAR IT.

If you fight Raza in the 400-405 range (when i411 gear is as appealing as Heroic loot should be), then … YES … the beam is a stupid-easy mechanic but there are many more. But the DPS checks (absorb shields, etc) and other healing checks… are INCREDIBLY hard to overcome at those proper iLevels.

It’s overtuned. But people that farm M+ and are i410 obviously won’t see that.

3 Likes

it is to provide a challenge to the gifted, and give everyone something to look up to, a continuous path of progression for those brave enough to follow it.