Why Nerf Shield Size?

yes, but with old and outdated low resolution textures that look like i stole it from Classic…

Cause they only have 2 flail models in the game. Hardly anything to cry over for the sea of shoulder/shield/hand mog clipping or distorted helmet into shoulder issues.

I feel like a lot of the shoulder pieces in this game are outrageous. I prefer the smaller ones because they’re not as obnoxious.

Agreed. Some races look ridiculous with them and instead of adjusting the house size of the shoulders, Blizz makes frisbees and shrinky dinks. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Same! although, I do like those I have equipped and asymmetric pauldrons:

I mean, the ones this troll has on are pretty big, so I can understand! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Some shoulders are enormous though. I just look at them and wonder how the heck the character can even see what’s going on half the time, let alone bear the weight.

1 Like

I mean, WoW characters have superpowers and all because Magic. That’s how Warriors can jump like the Hulk.

If your character can withstand a hammer attack from Ragnaros, a guy with a hammer the size of a house, then you can bear the weight of a big chonky pair of shoulderpads.

I’m not saying big shoulderpads are good or bad, I’m just saying we do a lot of things WAY more impressive than walking around with big shoulderpads lol

But why would you want to deal with it at all? It seems like an giant inconvenience. I don’t want heavy crap weighing me down.

Maybe bigger shoulderpads can fit more Magic inside?

I’m sure any of the IRL questionable choices Azerothians make about weapons and armor can be explained by saying “it’s magic” lol

I guess this isn’t Sparta anymore…?

2 Likes

It now correctly represents its defensive value

Kiting meta, after all…

2 Likes

looks up…stops ironing dog

4 Likes

i would prefer original giant ashkandi that goes into the ground than this tiny trash size change when it’s on back

1 Like

I’m always trying to match look and strength appearance to gear and even mounts (hate when legs disappear, but that’s always been a thing that’s not fixable,) but my dranai female warriors’ shield either looks like a frisbee or a castle moat bridge!

The whole weapons, cloak & hair I guess would be hard to fix with so many characters…the shield though? Really?

2 Likes

Oh, you mean like before Shadowlands when worgen hunters used to pull their weapons out of their backs? That kind of clipping?

My draenei resto shaman feels your pain.

I’m laughing so much right now and know exactly what you’re talking about. I can even picture some of them in my mind.

1 Like

I Noticed the non Human races have it really bad.

Goblins and anything running the Goblin model have huge shoes and helmets and they’re not proportioned right.

The 80’s agree

Good lord blizzard.

Why the hate on aesthetic players recently? So many small changes cool looking things.

First they make my back ring look like it came from a scrap head.

Then they take away my sparkle dust hearth stone from my angel warrior.

Now your reducing the size of my shields? The things that are supposed to protect us from death Lazer beams?

Come on.

I wonder if it would have been easy enough to include both sizes? Just add a new item ID for the reshaped/augmented size.