Why Nerf Shield Size?

It was perfect as it was.

21 Likes

What the what what?

Ok, Blizzard, enough is enough:

18 Likes

According to them it’s to reduce clipping issues.

1 Like

WoW trying to “reduce clipping issues” is like a shar-pei trying to reduce skin wrinkles.

EVERYTHING clips through everything in WoW. My Hunter’s belt clips through her pants.

25 Likes

Yeah I know, it’s pretty dumb, to be honest it just looks like they’re actively looking to fix crap that really doesn’t need fixing, like this and the covenant heartstones, just to avoid actually tackling on the real issues that would require more work to fix, like the broken classic dungeons, world quests and so on.

4 Likes

This does nothing but make the shields look dumb.

Also I’m a Vulpera. My head clips every single helmet in the game.

6 Likes

The picture to the right looks better, have you decreased in mass?

And shoulders clip though our entire freaking head every single time our characters move their arms.

Really, if we were to be bothered by clipping then shields would really be literally the last thing I’d let bother me as a vulpera lol

2 Likes

My KT shaman looks like she’s wearing a dinner plate on her back.

3 Likes

If anything shields should be made bigger. If I’m tanking a massive void dragon with demonic tentacles, I don’t want some baking sheet size shield to block his claw attack.

9 Likes

When I was Venthyr, the shoulders would slam into my face as I ran lol.

1 Like

They never worried about clipping when they added flails, why start now?

6 Likes

haha true, my paladin has the mage tower flail and when my character is holding it the thing literally clips through the ground! And my paladin is a tauren, she’s pretty freaking tall XD

2 Likes

Wait guys, end this conversation before they shrink Armageddon to no longer plow trenches as you walk.

4 Likes

To reduce the protection.

Realistically, no shield would save you from said void dragon with demonic tentacles.

Shields are probably still bigger than a gnome.

1 Like

Don’t think this was ‘shields’ and only effected the Kyrian shields.

They “fixed” some cosmetic back pieces, because clipping with shoulders. Now we have shrinky dinks.

They “fixed” Kyrian shields, because clipping with shoulders. Now we have frisbees.

And yet… it never dawned on them…

FIX THE FREAKING SHOULDERS

6 Likes

It’s obvious to me. Blizz likes nipples. Remember when the Jailor’s pec was so prominently displayed on the launcher that there were threads about it? Well, now you can see your toon’s nipple with the smaller shield.

(Looks at tin foil hat and wonders if its been drinking.)

4 Likes

Was this from their twitter or a blue post somewhere? Or a wowhead news thread? Just curious, it does sound like a thing that they would state, because that is - I believe - their reason for why weapons/shields disappear when sheathed when wearing certain covenant cloak transmogs.