Why must they gate literally everything?

The moment they started gating flying is when it got worse. Some people clapped and gave blizzard a standing ovation for it, but what they failed to see is the bigger picture. When you allow some things to become gated, you open the door wide open for loads more.

3 Likes

It should be difficulty gated and not time gated. Let method bash their heads against a wall for a month. Who cares?

Because realistically everything in life is gated.
Because you have to hit a benchmark in order to do anything.
You complain a lot… I don’t think it’s the game causing your complaints.

3 Likes

That’s what forums are for. I am entitled to complain and suggest things.

Limits on Torghast layers were added at the last minute because people were starting to talk about finding ways to reach Layer 8 ASAP.

They factually delay raiding to allow most people to participate in it without having to take time off for it.

Blizzard do make choices to protect people from themselves, because headlines like we used to have back in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath aren’t great for PR.

3 Likes

Most of your forum posts have been constant complaints about any and everything.

They could give you exactly what you want and you’d complain.

4 Likes

With all due respect, Blizzard is way past caring about good PR.

5 Likes

Personal attacks aren’t helpful, sir.

Attunement was a gate, as in it blocked a players ability to do the content. Attunment for sepentshrine required youbto go back to hyjal and kara. Getting a new raider or changing toons invovled the raid having to do old content. Thatvwas a pain and much more of a gate than having tobwait till next reset.

1 Like

They don’t want WoW to be an endless grind like Azerite Power for example nor do they want players to be left behind and feel they have to keep up.

This expansion is following a philosophy of “get your chores done for the week, you’ve now finished progressing your character’s power for the week. Enjoy.”

Although… World Quests keep popping up. Get your soulbinds quicker via farming Anima. Thats actual progression. Also work on building conduits. Farm dungeons for now.

There is plenty to do. Power Progression isn’t the be all end all of this game. The vast majority of this WoW community are casuals. Anyone who doesn’t think farming achievements, pets, and transmog is gameplay is in the minority.

2 Likes

TBC’s playerbase also isn’t Shadowland’s playerbase. Granted I personally wouldn’t mind going back to that kind of game, I don’t think it would be super popular among the modern fanbase.

They could make more content but no developer is capable of making content as faster as players will consume it.

That’s just not physically possible.

2 Likes

Having spent the last 35+ years working for large multinationals… I just don’t believe that.

Corporations care about revenue and, to a lesser extent, profit. That’s all.

3 Likes

It didn’t block anything. You go do the content. It wasn’t TIME gated. I dislike time gates. If you want to proceed, you should be able to.

And SSC did not require Hyjal lol… Hyjal was after.

2 Likes

Kind of funny coming from someone on a Classic character. Why do you think that version of the game even exists? Because Activisions execs actually gave a damn about a petition?

No, it was a PR move. It worked.

I never implied they did it because they cared about the people themselves. They do care about their image. Soccer moms might think twice to let little Jimmy play their games if they saw on the news that some asian kid died from a blood clot from playing it for 50 hours straight.

“You think you do but you don’t”

Seem like they didn’t really care for it until they realized BFA would tank. Firm opinion.

1 Like

No. It was to defend their IP.

1 Like

Are you stating this as a fact (next question: where’s your data?) or just your very firm opinion?

Most of the ppl playing today played in WOTLK and many played in BC.

1 Like

Sure, and I’m the queen of Stormwind.

You know, as long as we’re making claims that are impossible to actually back up.

Because people like you who plow through everything in like 2 days. That is why its all time gated. Otherwise people will just finish it all in a week and complain that there is nothing to do.

1 Like

I seem to run into a lot of “Queens of Stormwind” lately…