Why isn't there a Ilvl req for bgs?

There is an ilvl requirement for LFR why not make one for bg’s? There is nothing worst than waiting 20-25 minutes for a que to only have 4 people under 200k hp. they are literally useless and its almost a auto loss.

8 Likes

Rated PvP is what you’re looking for.

5 Likes

Because they are “random” battlegrounds… If you want there to be specific requirements regarding gear and other stuff, you should check out rated battlegrounds.

Skill and knowledge is far greater than gear given the background scaling that takes place.

I’ll take a whole team of sub 200k health if they are PvP, battleground pros that play to win. Furthermore, no healers required.

1 Like

With all the people coming in with 30 to 100k they may as well

2 Likes

As long as the healer is not undergeared it’s fine.

2 Likes

Corruption would like a word with you

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you rather those same players have more that 200k. Especially when it’s so easy to get gear.

I’m a firm believer that random BG’s are for everyone. However I also have no issue with minimum ilevel requirements. It’s a requirement for many other parts of the game. Why should randoms be any different.

4 Likes

Agreed. A super reasonable requirement like the one imposed by the dungeon finder would hardly be a barrier to anyone but would help to curb teams effectively being down a healer slot because someone couldn’t be bothered to hit a few WQ’s before impacting everyone’s time.

4 Likes

People who queue with 200k hp are usually the exact opposite of skilled and knowledgeable.

8 Likes

ok where would the cutoff be at 120?
you realize something like this would create a new subset of twinks staying juuuuuust under the ilevel ceiling for the “minor league” bg’s. since there are more under geared players your elite randoms would dry up.

There should really be a rated solo que for bgs then.

5 Likes

Part of what makes Random BG’s special is you don’t have the perfect team with the perfect number of players, with the perfect skills, with the perfect specs. You have really good players and really bad players, experienced and “the lost,” along with the geared and undergeared. This randomness is built into the match-Random Battleground.

2 Likes

385il is about what you’d hit if you did at least the intro to Naz and put you around 275k. 400il is just continuing the story up to cloak rank 1. Either of those break points probably.

the gear gap is too large for that right now. fresh 120 has 80k hp and a geared player has 450k. they are 100% worthless like that

1 Like

Found the troll that joins with 200k hp

450k hp?!

I thought we had a gentleman’s agreement — no PvE gear in PvP.

1 Like

I dunno I am seeing a lot more people with 550 to 600k now even seen tanks with 1million

4 Likes

People can join with 10k or 1000k idc. Play bgs to have fun…

5 Likes

I can almost guarantee you that a skilled player with 150-200k hp is not going to beat a crappy player with 4-450k hp, If they did it would be extremely rare and that person with 450khp would have to be absolutely horrible.

2 Likes