Why isn't sylvanas allowed to die?

Was this intended to be self-satirizing?

17 Likes

As I was reading the comments, an idea just hit me. Why not have an AU Sylvanas switch with our Sylvanas. Then we would have a Sylvanas that won’t be so predictable. Just make it where her actions are so different that it has everyone confused about what she will do next.

1 Like

A good story doesn’t have to send a good message. Bad guys sometimes just… win.

4 Likes

She kinda has died. Alot.

She died while defending Silvermoon. She died after she jumped off of Icecrown. And she died when Godfrey blew out the back of her head.

Sylvanas is just about the most dyingest character. The prophecy about “the hour of her third death ushering their coming” does not even fit Sylvanas, because any more deaths would put her over that number.

8 Likes

One might argue that the bad guys never winning past the superficial beginning-of-expac content is one of the problems that WoW has with villain churn.

7 Likes

Truth? Because she has nips and a slender figure, and entertainment sells more with a pretty face on the box.

same reason belves (and velves) are such popular races, some folks will never look like that irl, so the fantasy aspect is real

1 Like

I don’t know about that. Tyrande is more hot imo

5 Likes

So do Night Elves and that doesn’t stop Blizz from screwing them over again and again. Bonus: They aren’t corpses.

Sylvanas has to be the most annoying character in WoW history by now.

8 Likes

True indeed. I remember when Night Elves were on the box art. Wasn’t edgy enough I suppose

1 Like

Atleast Sylvanas hasn’t been on a box art yet, and I hope that never happens and they finally kill her off in Shadowlands.

If we get another Sylvanas expansion I’m going to lose my mind…

8 Likes

I honestly think the vast majority of the player base would have been happier if she was just quietly put in the background for a few years.

7 Likes

don’t generalize. She has to pay for her crimes and not be forgiven just so she can make a comeback in 4 years to poison more expansions. She has to die.

1 Like

The words “I honestly think” generally mean I’m stating my opinion.

Apparently, you’re too toxic to even agree with tangentially.

16 Likes

No but the fact that you think that a murderer and torturer of tens of thousands should be forgiven and not pay for his/her crimes already tells enough. That is very far from my opinion and also very far from realism.

I mean she will be redeemed anyway and forgiven, but that still doesn’t mean that it makes sense or that crimes on such a scale should ever be justified / supported by blizz.

2 Likes

Apparently it was a mistake to even come within hailing distance of engaging you, a mistake which I will not be repeating in the future.

14 Likes

Yes I don’t know why people think the vast majority doesn’t want her dead they do just look at the comment on the shadowlands videos most of the playerbase seems to be sick of her.

I know this thread is specifically about Sylvanas - like almost every thread - but I find it very biased and factually incorrect. As I mentioned.

Sylvanas has died. Alot. People hate her for her actions and want her to face consequences, but at least she has faced consequences.

She feels like a fool for caring about Quelthalas and facing death, and hoping for something better. Even if defending her homeland was heroic - she failed, and faced the consequences.

Same thing with her suicide attempt. She tried to escape this mortal coil - and she got pulled right back in, and even deeper, into the horrors she sought to escape.

Her invasion of Gilneas and her habit of working with what ever force will benefit her momentarily literally blew her head with a bullet fired by Godfrey.

I find it hilarious that people whine about a character not dying and escaping consequences when she has died multiple times and faced many consequences.

As opposed to Jaina. She escapes from the Battle of Lordaeron with the High King and his retinue. She escapes from the Battle of Dazaralor. She escapes from Theramore. The only consequence she personally faced is her hair getting white. But that is perfectly fine for the Alliance posters who bemoan Sylvanas.

Tyrande even gets a bubble from Elune when the Legion captures her in the War of Thorns. But that’s fine.

:roll_eyes:

21 Likes

She still around obviously her dying and coming back like nothing happened is just plot armor and Mary sueness, like everyone means when Sylvanas dies forever

1 Like

Does she come back like nothing happened?

Every time Sylvanas came back, she either turned into an Undead slave of the Lich King, or she is indebted and tied to the Valkyr and their masters, or she loses a few Valkyr.

She is hardly the same living Sylvanas we first met in WC 3. Everytime she died, she had consequences to face. Whether it was being Arthas’s slave, choosing between the Valkyr and the infinite dark, or having less Valkyr to replace her. To say she is :

is willful ignorance. A lot happened.

5 Likes

jaina faced many consequences for her actions,like sylvanas. she just hasn’t died for it.
Because undead is kinda what her character is isn’t it?.
a character can face consequences without having to die in the process.
both suffered failures, defeats and victories like anyone else.