Why isn't sylvanas allowed to die?

Lol what do you even know what happens in the pre patch

Prepatch hasn’t officially happened yet, so I haven’t taken time to play through it. If they retconned it though, then they retconned it. Not much anyone can do about it.

A part of the pre-patch is the zombie invasion event from Wrath again and dailies involved with putting down rampaging Scourge in Northrend. In other words, the whole ‘There must always be a Lich King’ confirmed.

I might be wrong but I red somewhere that the scourge itself when not been controlled by the helm of dominance is actually being controlled by the Jailer itself.

But can’t confirm it.

I think people are still going to be upset because she wasn’t a nihilist pre wrath of the lich king and pre forced undeath trauma. The Sylvanas story as it currently stands is incredibly mean-spiritied. The message is that “people who turn rotten as a response to abuse are truly bad people and should have been better.” I really dislike that message and I feel it lacks a lot of compassion.

1 Like

I mean … its also very true that Abuse victims can in turn become abusers themselves; and while their actions and choices should be viewed within the context of that abuse … it doesn’t outright absolve them either. Its the chain of abuse, and its a very real, and very sad, thing. However, Sylvanas has hurt so many people in her own nihilism and pain. Used and discarded so many for personal goals and gain. So … we find ourselves in a strange place of asking “what of her victims?”

Beyond that, at this point, you cannot validate Sylvanas’ actions without invalidating the actions of everyone who’s opposed her.

2 Likes

I think this holds weight if she was a real person and not a character. But she’s a character being written. So we have to ask ourselves, “why did they choose this path for the character,” and I really doubt it comes from a place of compassion.

6 Likes

She doesn’t just need to die. Her soul needs to be ripped from her body, making her a banshee once more. Then she will be in eternal suffering in the deepest, darkest, most horrifying and terrible dungeon the maw has.

2 Likes

Very classy of you to share your snuff fantasy with everybody.

2 Likes

They didn’t retcon anything lol

Cool.

/10char