Why isn't sylvanas allowed to die?

Who cares when she’s being set up for redemption and reunion with the Horde according to interviews?

You’re calling me dense when I just quoted blizz

Proving my point.

Horde Fanboys only care about Lore and Facts when it supports there PoV otherwise its just guessing right?

1 Like

You can hold out hope for a Redemption Arc…but remember they said Garrosh wasn’t going to be a raid boss either, it just took an extra expac.

1 Like

They never said that Garrosh won’t be a raid boss or that Garrosh wasn’t evil.

Sylvanas is one of the most annoying and obnoxious mary sues in all of wow lore, but that doesn’t change anything about what the writers said about her, and that she’s going to be redeemed later on.

The Writers say alot of things kid.

They also said we’d have multiple warfronts instead of just Two, and that in Wraith we would get Aerial Combat, and that BFA’s story was going to be a compelling faction on faction war with shades of Gray.

Instead we got Lich Queen 2.0.

She’ll be a loot chest in no time wait and see.

1 Like

Times change.

Blizzard changes their direction and idea constandly based on reaction and participation.

Garrosh is one example: There is an interview where a dev explained there was at the beginning of Cata a misscommunication between 2 fronts at blizzard where one wanted garrosh to be a hero and one a villian.

That led to teh two contradicting faces of garrosh at the beginning, where he punished that orc for bombing a school and then later bombing a city.

Same has probably happened with Sylvanas. Where she was meant at the start of egion to be a hero to the horde and later they decided for her to be a villian.

Warfronts were also datamined in Silvermoon and Barrens, but they were scrapped as BFA probably got the WoD treatment due to its highly unpopularity.

We might see these Warfronts return in 9.1 or 9.2 since there seem to be a side story path building up with Turalyon on the throne looking into old alliance territories and we have our best peace diplomat on the NE end: Maiev.

1 Like

Nope, that’s not going to happen

Keep dreaming.

This, exactly. People cling to Blizzard quotes to shield their faves or the story direction they want to see, when other quotes from the very same interviews have shown themselves to be blatant lies.

Blizzard says whatever it thinks will generate the most interest at any one moment. Their statements honestly do not matter as they so often do not reflect what they actually implement.

No, they said it before Teldrassil. That interview was from April 2018, and Warbringers: Sylvanas dropped at the end of July.

3 Likes

True, but at that point didn’t everyone already (correctly) surmise that Sylvanas burned Teldrassil?

:cactus:

No, that was during the era when most people were assuming Blizzard would never do anything so obvious. In fact, that interview was one of the pieces of evidence that it wouldn’t be her.

Except most other weapons are not actively used upon prisoners, do not cause the same degree of suffering, and do not so brutally savage the earth. Watching Wrathgate versus fighting someone as a Frost Mage shows some clear differences.

1 Like

Are you freaking serious?!

If Blizzard does a redemption story for Sylvanas, than they also need to do if for Arthas!

Both Arthas AND Sylvanas intentions were noble at the beginning. BOTH wanted to save their people. And BOTH got twisted into monsters by mechanisms of the Legion.

So if they decide to redeem Sylvanas and not Arthas, I will call them out on it for being hypocrites!

The only thing that makes Arthas and Sylvanas different is their gender.

I don’t see how blight being used on prisoners somehow makes it some thing beyond worse than just about every other thing I listed, that could be used on prisoners if blizzard choose to actually show it.

Yah the clear difference being people melted instead of froze to death, both are agonizing ways to die in their own way.

I still stand by my point that in a world like Azeroth, where we constantly and normally kill mass swaths of people or things in different ways, Trying to put a line at blight as if it’s the worst thing is stupid.

1 Like

I’m kind of wondering if they’re headed in this direction with Arthas.

Once they started with that “there must always be a Lich King” garbage, it only makes sense that they had to go somewhere with it. If Bolvar wearing the Helm of Domination was key to keeping whatever badness was in the Shadowlands where it belonged, what does that say about Arthas? Or Ner’zhul for that matter? If you turn everybody undead, they can’t feed the Maw. And if you keep antagonizing the major powers of the world, maybe they’ll send someone who can be a better stronger faster Lich King and keep more souls on Azeroth.

Wasn’t he reason why “There must always be a Lich King” was to keep someone in control of the vast numbers that remained of the Undead Scourge and preventing them from rampaging across Azeroth unchecked? I thought that was mentioned at the end of Wrath.

If anything’s been retconned in this since the planning days of Shadowlands to make it have something to do with the Maw, I missed that. That would be stupid though. Whatever screwball things the Jailer did to make all souls get dragged to the Maw when they died, I don’t think any of the Lich Kings had much to do with it.

“There must always be a Lich King” - Helm of Domination destroyed, Scourge overruns Azeroth in pre-patch. It’s still a thing.

2 Likes

Well we’re talking about actions done. The comment was ‘she had done nothing wrong’ and Katiera said ‘melting people to test bio weapons’.

If people are being experimented on with other things, that would be pretty bad too. But that’s not typically the case. Shooting people can be pretty brutal in war. But testing mustard gas on a prisoner is a cry away from shooting someone in battle.

1 Like

I wonder: If Sylvanas ever does manage to die, do you think this forum will finally shut up about her?

1 Like

Considering they haven’t shut up about Garrosh yet and Sylvanas had a lot more popularity than he did, probably not.