Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

they sold 10 million in December

Isn’t participation down across the board?

Because people found out they enjoy other games as much as wow or more and the games old it don’t fill in the people quitting for whatever reason with new people so here we are.

1 Like

blizzard said they are going to buy FF and combine the games

Most people probably think DF is another scam like BFA and SL. They don’t want to be burned 3 times in a row. I almost didn’t buy DF because of how absolute garbage BFA and SL have been.

I’m glad I did because DF is GREAT.

2 Likes

What are these franchise’s core?

Waffles > Hotcakes

? People stopped caring about that since wrath of the lich king.

5 Likes

It’s disappointing but not surprising. I’ve said before that if you asked the current team to recreate Vanilla WoW from the ground up they would find it an impossible task. I think anyone with any genuine creativity or vision has fled from the company a long time ago, now you just have people whose brains have been destroyed by culture war stuff making things out of spite to try to ‘get back’ at some person they’ve invented in their head.

9 Likes

Yeah that must explain why sales tanked as soon as they took the focus off of it. :roll_eyes:

What? It wasn’t just shadowlands. We have had one good xpac in the last six we have had and that was Legion the rest were a crapfest including the decade bs we have had now with them screwing with flying.

1 Like

Nah, that was because of shadowlands being bad. Sales went up when the faction divide stopped

1 Like

actually it makes perfect sense.
BFA sucked…drove players away
SL sucked…ended up driving players away.
screwed twice in a row…why would you risk it again?

4 Likes

Ah, I see, you’re using the word “sales” to mean something else. Got it.

what if they make a quantam realm and people shrink and go fight there for the next expansion and call it Tiny world

1 Like

not a chance you can tell how dead this game is by the price of the token and how massive the gold sink is.

I’d argue Cata’s problems had more to do with Blizz’s warpath to remove any semblance of ‘RPG’ from WoW. The talent tree thing was genuinely one of the worst decisions in the game’s history. I mean BFA was entirely focused on the faction war (when it wasn’t The Sylvanas Show) and was a wet fart.

2 Likes

BFA had tremendous box sales, which is what we’re talking about in this thread.

2 Likes

right, you’re the one that didn’t know it was the lock down that got the sales, not shadowlands being good

1 Like

Whether an expansion is good or not has almost nothing to do with its initial sales, since the initial sales are before people know if it’s good or not.

Box sales are all about marketing/theme. Please read the thread.

2 Likes