Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

yep. the game is failing because the game is bad. that’s it. that’s the only valid analysis. not bad for everyone, of course. there’s always going to be people hungry enough that they’ll happily devour the kernels of corn from the pile of dook. but most people are just going to avoid it altogether.

3 Likes

WoW is just old hat now, you know? They can keep putting a fresh coat of paint on it but it’s fundamentally the same it’s always been. Times change.

not true at all. the variety, quality, and quantity of the content has varied wildly over the years. the game is failing because all of those have been steadily declining for 3 straight expansions now, not because people are bored of the fundamentals.

1 Like

Dont shoot the messenger here. Just because ppl dont want it that way dont mean its not.

My point is the playerbase is middle age and older, some things are inevitably less accepted whether you agree or not.

I really didnt want to argue over it which i specifically said in my post. Im merely stating a reason the game might not have sold well to its middle age playerbase. Dont take it out on me.

No need to get defensive or angry with me about it, im playing the game. If you say good riddens to those ppl, fine. But its still a reason why less ppl bought the game.

I specifically said its more accepted by the younger generation of gamers, and wow isnt very popular to them at all. So you got possibly 30-50+ year old ppl who are goimg to be more prude-like on these topics.

2 Likes

Your definition of good is a strange one.

The first 2 are shoehorned in and given the most vapid and shallow of back stories for internet brownie points with the terminally outraged.

3rd one… what. You mean the random black blood elves? Who cares.

2 Likes

I’m stealing this term and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Every time a company goes woke, they end up losing money and damaged their brand.

8 Likes

Nobody should… but oh dear, were you not on the forums when SL launched?

Not much on retail forums. I think i spent more time on the classic ones where people were crying about no dungeon finder or #nochanges #somechanges #morecheese #moremacaroni.

I can definitely imagine it though.

Yet you’re still here, go figure.

1 Like

I think you miss the point here.

They went too far with the gender stuff. A nod to current day events is one thing, but even I have to admit they went overboard with including it in so many facets and quests in the game.

11 Likes

It gets overdone because no one can say no. If you were in a meeting where these ideas were being thrown around, you would just have to be a yes man otherwise you risk losing your career.

Emperors new clothes, basically.

Look how outraged ppl get just mentioning woke on a forum. Imagine being in a meeting at work instead.

10 Likes

The lady doth protest too much.

The xpac is about dragonflights and a lot of people don’t really know who or what that is and what it means. Everyone even ky friends who quit playing six or more years ago know who arthas and uther are. But Nozdormu? Kalecgos? Even the game has dialogue options to explain who they are and why they’re important. I don’t remember any npc in shadowlands giving me the option to choose “who is uther?”

2 Likes

Because shadowlands led to people losing hope in the game.

1 Like

I think id prefer no catch up gear, and alternatively no caps on things like valor. Gives that sense that the time investment matters more (at least until end of expansion)

1 Like

If they also remove the weekly lockout on raids, sure.

1 Like

Hello, I see you posted a thread about How to Fly: Dragons amd You. The game has no strong male characters anymore so people have lost interest! Contrary to what wokies and modern feminists will tell you, without a strong male presence, people just don’t care, haha! For further evidence, look at nearly every “strong female lead” film recently and how they have all bombed at the box office!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

2 Likes

It amazes me how afraid people are of being awake.

I mean, I get that sleep is great. The older I get, the more I appreciate sleep.

But being afraid of being awake, and just following the mob of racists and haters of “the gays”? That’s doesn’t make sense to me. That has to be one of the dumbest political lines I’ve heard.

1 Like