Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

When was the last time you went out and really said I could go for some hot cakes?

Maybe it really is selling like hot cakes as in not very well

PFFTTT…
hotcakes Fly (dragonride) off the shelves.

1 Like

Now I want pancakes

1 Like

chicken n waffles FTW

2 Likes

I only have a flank steak in my fridge

flank steak n Crêpes :slight_smile:

Im all out of accents

Is it not selling well? It seems generally well received from what I’ve seen so if it isn’t selling well I feel like that’s more important anyways

1 Like

They really don’t need to start with player housing. How about guild halls?

2 Likes

No it’s not the age it’s just that the people (ION) being one of them creating the game are only focussing on a very narrow type of player. This game isn’t user friendly to most people.

I want more garrison options i will never be a raider.

11 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I hated Shadowlands so much, I was certain I’d never play WoW again. I’m probably not the only one in that boat. I think DF is a great expansion, I’m glad I came back for it, but it happened just barely. It took quite a lot of watching vids to convince me to give WoW another try.

4 Likes

actually…its the deal with netease that is dead.

Not sure what they are doing in retail but reports classic side has the asia (taiwan) realm now slammed for wrath. the chinese who worked out routes just connected to that wrath setup.

maybe an asia retail realm with US account here can say if the case with retail.

2 Likes

lol no one cares about pvp.

This is like when Wildstar devs were convinced everyone wants a “hardcore” mmo.

3 Likes

its pretty simple why df dont sell like crazy.

they reap what they sow.
2 back to back bad expansion plus the controversy around the company…

we told them about azerite system they did not listen, we told them about convenant, enforcing wokeness into the games won’t help either in a fantasy game where most people flea real life to resource themself.
but what is great when you pass those quest you just move along and never heard about it.

alot of people are just tired of the same bulls… they heard every damn time people want action and not word because word goes in the wind but action stay.

7 Likes

I didn’t like BFA enough to stick around after “season 1”, didn’t like SL enough to stick around and do anything really. I like that DF has little to do with the A and H lore characters.

I don’t know if I’ll end up liking DF or not, having only started less than a week ago, but there seems to be more “humanity” in this expansion’s quests so far. It reminds me of Pandaland and WoD’s Shadowmoon Valley (which I loved).

I also don’t get the complaints about Dragon Riding. Having a way to move around the map other than ground mounts is absolutely fantastic in my book.

1 Like

I liked Shadowlands

2 Likes

it’s pretty simple, people are weary and don’t feel like giving wow it’s 5th chance.

3 Likes

It is fascinating to see some people not like my hotcake analogy. I never would have guessed that some people would actually have a problem with that. Per a quick google:

" For something to sell like a hotcake **it must be bought in mass quantities with little effort on the part of the seller, usually so much so that it is hard to keep up with demand"

There has been interesting comments throughout though. Good stuff. I hope we can use our flying mounts soon…

2 Likes

Its not a bad xpac but its also not a good one and because of that it wasnt enough to bring a lot of people back but retain what they already had. It would of had to be Legion Tier and its simply not.

8 Likes

It simply happened to much to recover this easily.

• COVID
  • Lawsuits
  • The disgraceful Shadowlands expansion, ruining it for everyone (gameplay, story, legacy characters like Arthas)
  • Ion Hazzikostas still being the game director and his lack of emotional intelligence
  • Lack of anything in the game for the money they make
3 Likes