Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

Eww gross! Grass, outside, OTHER PEOPLE who wants to do that?

I did nothing of the sort.

I think removing Horde & Alliance stories and characters from the game is a major reason why the game isn’t selling as well.

2 Likes

Sylvanas did too much damage

4 Likes

Well let’s be honest with ourselves, if we were to get another faction war expansion, it’d likely just turn into another Horde Civil War.

And I don’t think anyone wants that again.

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS GO THERE!?!?!

We had Horde stories and Alliance stories for years without a damn “faction war”.

Jesus, people…

Because that’s the first thing that comes to mind when anyone brings up “Horde and Alliance stories”.

If you are referring to individual storylines that are tied to one faction, I would like to respectfully point out the “Return To Lordaeron” questline we had at the end of SL.

Shadowlands issues were humongously magnified by the extended wait for 9.1. People were pretty excited about the expac when it launched.

Then you haven’t played World of Warcraft.

Lol ok.

Would you care to elucidate for me on what you mean by “Horde and Alliance stories”?

Go to the Wrath or BC starting areas.

Where do you go in Hellfire Peninsula as Horde? Thrallmar.
Where do you go in Hellfire Peninsula as Alliance? Honor Hold.

What’s in Thrallmar? Dozens of unique Horde quests, for Horde characters, with a Horde theme.
What’s in Honor Hold? Dozens of unique Alliance quests, for Alliance characters, with an Alliance theme.

Repeat for Howling Fjord.
Repeat for Borean Tundra.
Repeat for Jade Forest.
Repeat for Frostfire Ridge.
Repeat for Shadowmoon Valley.

etc.

What did we do in Shadowlands?
1 generic story

What are we doing in Dragonflight?
1 generic story

1 Like

It doesn’t make much logical sense for Blizzard to continue to develop opposite faction quest hubs in zones that you won’t even spend more then an hour and a half in.

So no, that is not why DF sales aren’t as big.

1 Like

your old
10/char

1 Like

Warcraft’s fictional foundation has ALWAYS been changing. In fact, people have complained about since time immemorial. Hell, some people hated that gnomes/goblins were added to change Warcraft from medieval to steampunk and the draenei’s changed it even more to a semi-sci fi setting.

1. you do not have to be heterosexual to have kids. 2) I would say the LGBTQ+ population is about the same as the real world. Lastly, we have had population issues because of said wars, hence why we were “sending farmers” as of BfA and needed this time of people so people can have kids/the kids can grow up.

Because it’s not a relatively good expansion. Some people are loving it and that’s great, but many are voting with their wallet. It had a lot of potential but they screwed so much up.

4 Likes

If by old you mean in the last 10 years, probably not. But if you meant Vanilla era players, what DF advertised certainly brought my old boomer self back.

I know this is a big one for many in my circles. I’ve always been a bit ahead of the groups I run with but this seasons scaling seems to have magnified the differences. We are hitting a wall much earlier and that’s sparking division and frustration. A few are ready to move up but most aren’t and the gap seems much larger than before and more obvious.

This is dead on imho.

One of the best things they did for dragonflight was action targetting and controller support. It’s massively impactful for players playing on alternative devices, yet because it has little to no impact on the majority of players it goes largely unappreciated. They need more improvements like this for the average player, they need new systems that bring in new and younger players, and really that means they need to redesign the game from the ground up.

Instead WoW is the little engine that could, it won’t quit and will bleed of players for a long time to come as it undergoes incremental changes to decades old designs.

3 Likes

Is this a serious question??? Between the Scandals an Lawsuits COUPLED with 2 pretty horrid Expansions ya its pretty obvious, an with no mandatory panic of the evil covid plague ppl are out an about.

1 Like
  1. I’m not convinced you know what “objectively” means. (unless of of course, when you say ‘reality’ you’re being specific to your own reality…then you’re good.)

2. Can I borrow that crystal ball that tells you what the ‘long term health of the game’ is, Mega-Millions payout looks good right now.

1 Like

Shadowlands had major hype, since BFA wasn’t that good it was anticipated that SL was going to be an improvement. SL also came out during Covid lockdowns.
Now… a LOT happened between SL and DF. Content draught of 9.0, unwillingness for blizz to pull the covenant rip-cord, and torghast grinding turned a LOT of people away from the game. Even prominent streamers lie Asmongold and Preach quit WoW at the time to play FF14. Let’s also not forget all the legal allegations that happened around that time.

Blizzards good name and WoW’s reputation were hurt a lot in the past couple of years. A lot of players that quit playing in 9.0 / 9.0.5 likely didn’t come back. As well as the people that will usually buy the game play for a month or a raid tier then quit also probably didn’t come back. A lot of players are probably just waiting to buy-in to see if it’s worth it or not, or play WotLK instead.

3 Likes