Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

There have been youtube videos analyzing the data. Player participation is way down in end game. Raiding is down 50% compared with Castle Nathria.

What sort of data do you expect people to produce, when you have no data yourself?

This is something we have zero data about. What is there for those people to do to keep them engaged in the game? Do you think player numbers are up dramatically among the player demographic that data is never released for?

4 Likes

How soon is “soon”, given that no information on when this might happen or what the requirements for unlocking it might be?

Not sure exactly date wise but whenever the big patch is . They said it would he around but people have selective listening and would rather spread misinformation and nonsense.

10.05 is the next big patch. It’s not a part of it. It wasn’t mentioned anywhere. We do not have a timeframe, nor has anything been said about what the requirements will be to unlock that. Even using the word “soon” suggests things that no one from Blizzard has told us.

1 Like

Cool man, well going off of bfa timeline and such go from there. 10.1/10.2 dunno dude.

As one of those “forgotten” players, I agree - but, I guess it’s just easier to see how the game looks through narrow blinders…

Cite the source of your knowledge. I see far more people in game than I have in a very long time, and I’m playing entirely in DF zones.

This is such a weird saying.

When’s the last time you went specifically shopping for hotcakes? Is there a thriving hotcake market that I’m just not a part of? Did there used to be and I just missed it?

Oh well, have a peachy keen day.

Waffles are better though :heart: I’ll die on this hill

2 Likes

It depends on where you are. If you’re in the American south, you might find yourself looking for them every Sunday and fortunately, there’s IHOP, Denny’s, and if you’re so inclined Waffle House…

1 Like

My relatives and me do even less. We log one day a week, do the reputation farm together and maybe spend an evening RPing in our groups.

It does good not being forced to play WoW all of the time and I also feel the burn out five years later.

3 Likes

Most learned from the mistakes of Shadowlands and quit for good.

2 Likes

because, maybe wow isn’t dead, but it’s on life support, and isn’t coming back to it’s former popularity or even level of polish and quality ever. Every expansion they’ve gone harder and harder at the whales, and this expansion will be no different, enter the trading post. AKA another way to get your money.

1 Like

I actually quit for evil - that’s probably why I came back…

Come on now, you can’t possibly think that continuing to split the player base in half would have been good for an already dwindling game in the long run do you?

I mean hell, most new MMO’s on the market don’t have a 2 faction system anymore.

3 Likes

I think it was good for box sales.

People aren’t buying the expansion with the lady in the red hat on the cover.

Put Thrall or Brann on the cover and I think sales would be higher.

This is why I love GD forums.

Two topics on the top of the forums at the same time:
Why isn’t DF selling like hotcakes?
Blizzard is hiding the sale numbers for Dragonflight.

What is it? Do we know it’s not selling well or do we have no numbers?

I don’t think the guy who posted the latter thread had seen this one.

And we absolutely know that Dragonflight hasn’t sold as well as its 3 predecessors.

2 Likes

But in the post I was replying to, you were trying to imply that dissolving faction limitations are a reason why DF didn’t sell as much when in reality, that was an objectively good change for the long term health of the game.

2 Likes