Why is WoW Token okay for Classic Wrath but RDF is not

No RDF gives people incentive to transfer (or buy boosts)
Those give Blizzard money
Token also gives Blizzard money

There is no spirit of Classic they are trying to maintain with their decisions. Just whatever makes them the most money for the least amount of effort.

3 Likes

They didnt introduce Wrath WoW tokens to sell D4, its limited to gametime only, not account balance.

Because they are not equal to eachother? The WoW token and RDF are not the same thing.

Look, it’s all about the four pillars of classic. Rdf lessens the social connections you make in the game but if you buy enough tokens you can pay people to hang out with you and talk to you. I’d be more than willing to hang with any one for 5 to 10 minutes for 5k gold. I’m sure I’m not the only one, some might do it for less. Let’s use that bought gold to make classic a more social place with a stronger community!

Um RDF literally groups you with 4 random people and allows you to meet new people for free, and you don’t have to pay them 5k…

I don’t understand how you can say RDF hurts the game you’re just backing Blizzards stupid reasons that don’t make any sense

2 Likes

This would’ve looked really good on the existing WoW token thread.

Here, I’ll help you with a link.

Yeah but if you’re paying people to be in your group you get the benefit of having the social interaction of negotiating the price. Blizzard is all about the community and social interactions and if they have to remove rdf or add the token to get players to be social they’ll do what they have to do. And you don’t even have to do a dungeon or form a group. I know there are many people who would just hang and chat with you for 10 minutes if you pay them enough. Now, with the token, people are able to do that. It’s a win win!

This is an MMO you shouldn’t have to spend money to have a social interaction with people… and according to Blizzard, they wanted to “keep social interactions as strong as possible”. That’s why they didn’t want to add RDF in the first place. Now you’re telling me that people need to buy a wow token and give people gold to interact with them in game? What a joke, I hope you’re just trolling and not serious

If this is true then not adding RDF didn’t do anything for keeping social interaction strong

It’s really because game has gotten so bad people won’t just raid and help each other out anymore, they have to charge people extra gold now to actually be able to play the game.

In Shadowlands before half my guild quit we were all socializing in discord and guild chat and we didn’t have to pay each other gold to talk to each other.

1 Like

rdf add you in groups with random server people. if you want to keep interacting with them you need to spend money on a server transfer. add rdf does the opposite to what you think it does it was their way to monetize social interactions

People will quit wotlk classic over this and play D4.

Isn’t it obvious? People against the rdf have been telling us for months that it’s important for them to spam lfg “Lfm for dungeon x” and not talking through the whole dungeon only to say “thanks for the run” before they hearth out. Clearly anyone that socially impaired needs to pay someone to talk to them and now, with the token, they can buy enough gold to do that. Blizzard has clearly said, “The first and most important design pillar is: Nurture and Protect Social Experiences.” To nurture the social experiences of these poor people Blizzard had no choice but to add the token.

1 Like

They should spread the wealth and put the token on Era. Just for the lols

3 Likes

Yeah put it on Classic Era and see how they like it

Going to ruin the game might as well fully cash out and ruin them all

2 Likes

the entertainment value would be god tier

4 Likes

Yeah but everyone on there would probably quit

eh sometimes sacrifices have to be made

3 Likes

I mean… how hard could it possibly be? It’s literally just battlegrounds with a role selector… that’s it… There’s no way instituting RDF is harder than alliance vs alliance battlegrounds…

They’re 100% just holding it for after ToGC. and it’s stupid.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know why it hasn’t been implemented, my guess it was tied to them selling boosts on release as they thought some people might level through RDF instead of buying a boost.

D4 is worse.

But wow tokens does ?