Why is WoW Token okay for Classic Wrath but RDF is not

Just wondering if anyone could give me a real reason why RDF still isn’t in the game

27 Likes

Retail classic for me, bro.

Profit > Your Feelings

5 Likes

I guess rdf wouldnt make them as much money.

16 Likes

RDF = loss of money because it would make leveling so much easier than it is right now. RDF = less boost purchases.
Everything in about making money with Blizz higher ups.

13 Likes

Because.

That’s why.

2 Likes

I miss when Blizzard wanted to actually make the game more fun and improve it, instead of just min maxing their profits.

13 Likes

it does not meet the developers’ vision for the game.

1 Like

Okay well lead dev needs to be replaced with someone passionate about WoW

1 Like

hahahhaa this
season of greed
They introduced wow tokens to sell Diablo 4, believe it or not

1 Like

OOOH OOH. I know, I know. Pick me!! :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man:

Video games can’t be good or they ruin peoples’ lives.

I don’t know, they preface no rdf with that they care about the integrity of the game and they think rdf goes against this then they go and release the wow token destroying any integrity it had left (not much seeing as they completely ignored classic over its entire lifespan).

My guess is they couldn’t be bothered making rdf, much like with the wotlk quest helper that they didnt make either because they couldn’t be bothered. Plus they know it might impact their boost sales for lowbies leveling in dungeons. It all just screams that blizzard and it’s dev team do not care about the classic playerbase in the slightest. I get that blizzard is a business, but it doesn’t mean they should just flat out ruin what was once an amazing game with greedy cash grabs.

4 Likes

The endless crying about RDF will never stop being funny

3 Likes

No RDF gives people incentive to transfer (or buy boosts)
Those give Blizzard money
Token also gives Blizzard money

There is no spirit of Classic they are trying to maintain with their decisions. Just whatever makes them the most money for the least amount of effort.

3 Likes

They didnt introduce Wrath WoW tokens to sell D4, its limited to gametime only, not account balance.

Because they are not equal to eachother? The WoW token and RDF are not the same thing.

Look, it’s all about the four pillars of classic. Rdf lessens the social connections you make in the game but if you buy enough tokens you can pay people to hang out with you and talk to you. I’d be more than willing to hang with any one for 5 to 10 minutes for 5k gold. I’m sure I’m not the only one, some might do it for less. Let’s use that bought gold to make classic a more social place with a stronger community!

Um RDF literally groups you with 4 random people and allows you to meet new people for free, and you don’t have to pay them 5k…

I don’t understand how you can say RDF hurts the game you’re just backing Blizzards stupid reasons that don’t make any sense

2 Likes

This would’ve looked really good on the existing WoW token thread.

Here, I’ll help you with a link.

Yeah but if you’re paying people to be in your group you get the benefit of having the social interaction of negotiating the price. Blizzard is all about the community and social interactions and if they have to remove rdf or add the token to get players to be social they’ll do what they have to do. And you don’t even have to do a dungeon or form a group. I know there are many people who would just hang and chat with you for 10 minutes if you pay them enough. Now, with the token, people are able to do that. It’s a win win!