Why is Wow dying ? (In your opinion )

There isn’t really a reason to log in and play a ton.

I don’t really see the point in doing Islands, Mythic+, World Quests, or anything else outside of raiding the 2 nights I do.

Legion at least gave you a hundred gold (or more) per world quest. Or put certain resources in Mythics so you could go back into those (Legion crafted legendaries).

I don’t think this game is dead yet, but it is falling for the same problem that Draenor did, why log in outside of raid day?

That’s where I am with the game at this point, and I would like to see them change things to be less RNG and more rewarding.

2 Likes

You really have to ask not if WOW is dyeing the better question would be

Are Activision/Blizzard winding up there PC MMO development , to me it looks like the PC MMO market is in decline and major companies are moving away to concentrate on mobile, will there be a Warcraft 2? I highly doubt it , will Act/Blizz make another PC based MMO I don’t think they ever will .

Probably because you and I have different ideas of what “dying” means for an MMO.

For me, if an MMO starts to go free-to-play, starts shutting down servers or even entire regions, starts selling epic and legendary gear for real money, maybe even shut down conventions and streams for their game, and start firing a ton of people, then the MMO might be dying.

Even then, some MMOs have survived regardless.

WoW’s player retention is terrible , Blizzard are very good at selling boxes but they never hang on to the players.

Even if Blizzard make the best WoW exp ever they will not see late 2010 early 2011 numbers.

In reality the only way Blizzard will get real growth with World of Warcraft is to make a new World of Warcraft and that comes with huge risks, i dont know if the genre that is MMORPG’S are coming to an end or if its just stagnant due to how many play the same, but Blizzard have not been able to stop the loss players since Cata.

Now im not saying its going to end any time soon cause EQ is still trucking along with a very small player base, what i am saying is the days of growth for World of Warcraft is over and has been for some time.

Well it is several things. Activision, “nothing lasts forever,” bland expansion, only thinking about shareholders, moving toward phone games, and etc.

For me, it’s LFG damaging the community (I know it’s been said a million times, but for me it killed the game I loved, and I have been on figurative life support ever since).

Additionally:
Solo gameplay is too easy.
Gear doesn’t matter cause it gets replaced almost daily.
Too many things that gave the game interesting complexity have been removed.
There is little incentive to play alts due to azurite (and hence less reason to log in).
There’s more but you’ve heard it all before.

But the straw that broke my back, I hate the story now, my character wouldn’t be on Sylvanus’ side, the Horde isn’t the horde I used to love… I don’t want to know what happens next.

There are too many entertaining things to do in the world, why should I spend my money here?

I bet there’s a heap of devs with wonderful ideas but they get shut down from the people above them. I think this is one of the main reasons that the game feels stale for a lot of people.

1 Like

You can’t not only ignore but out right taunt half of your customer base and expect a good outcome.

Imagine going into a McDonald’s and everyone who ordered a filet o fish was called homophobic names and belittled. I don’t care how good that sandwich was, they’re not coming back.

Its standing in fire without any heals or defensive cds

1 Like

with 10 million subs let’s say it is a country, a country doesn’t die in few years, it takes time before the population migrate and become citizens of other countries.
That is the best social analogy I can find, since this is a social game we know common social thinking works as it works in real life, so I agree it is dying seeing so much people migrating to other games over the years , but still has good population,I wouldn’t call it a dead game, still got at least 3 more xpacs before it really dies.
WoW is good and still can keep players, could be better and bring back a lot more players, so if they have a good expansion or fix BFA the population can go up again.

1 Like

Wow may or may not be dying, but some “combo point resource bug” that has never even been mentioned on the forums is not relevant to the discussion.

However, if you needed to bring up such an obscure new bug that you feel lots of people think has completely and suddenly killed the game dead in order to “debunk” it, it must be yet another game-breaking bug that they aren’t addressing.

Good work.

keep in mind uldir is a very punishing raid.

we are 300 pulls on mythic ghuun and he just won’t die.

but you have a very good point.

I’m looking forward to facing jaina myself though although its gonna be weird playing as a human for 3 bosses (gonna miss my arcanetorrent)

Your response is even more bizarre than the post to which you are responding.

Lack of development.