Why is WoD the worst xpac?

I never played it. Why do people hate it?

Lack…of…content, an expansion filled to the brim with false promises and scrapped content

55 Likes

nothing to do

they had a whole x.2 patch that added no content except a toy that let you take selfies to your screenshot folder

garrison was the only end game near the end and that was literally just the war mission table in bfa

25 Likes

Selfie patch.
Garrison
Boring. Boring. Boring.

13 Likes

It was mostly a lack of end game content. Outside of raids/dungeons/pvp there wasn’t much to do. Even the first major patch didn’t really add anything.

13 Likes

WoD > BFA.

44 Likes

Lack of content and too much focus on garrisons, which were like a single-player facebook game hub.

If garrisons didn’t exist and they had devoted their time elsewhere, it could have been one of the best expansions. That one feature did so much damage to the game.

4 Likes

Nothing to do but sit in your Garrisons and wait for mission ps to be done.

5 Likes

it was great when you started leveling… then you hit level cap. once that happens unless you are a raider you didn’t have much to do… thus you were bored.

9 Likes

Given all your WoD achivements, i’d say you played very little of it at the tail end.

Yeah, you’re wrong.

12 Likes

I agree WoD>BfA

19 Likes

interesting take here

wod is STILL ruining the game to this day

the wod drought is the reason we have

• infinite grinds

• legion legendaries

• endless rng as a placeholder for interesting content

at the end of the day everything we complain about NOW is in place so that you’re manipulated into feeling like you’re always doing something and never run out of things to do because of wod

17 Likes

Aside from raiding, there wasn’t much to do at max level. The garrison system wasn’t received well either.

That being said, I still liked WoD more than BfA. First, I raid, so I actually did have things to do - it also helps that the raids were pretty well designed. Also, at least in WoD, mostly everything that was there worked. BfA, on the other hand, has very much earned the nickname “Beta for Azeroth” due to how much stuff was either untested, unbalanced, or simply broken. Also, the main features of BfA (islands, warfronts, faction war story) were pretty all around awful.

WoD suffered from a lack of content, but the limited things it did have were at least enjoyable. BfA has plenty of stuff to do, but everything feels like a chore aimed at wasting your time and gold in an effort to drive up player metrics.

16 Likes

WoD was not a bad expansion. The problem was once you finished the quests that was literally it. I Am Error. Conglaturation! You bet the game. You now prosess Dracula’s Rib. A Winner is you. And so on. That made people burn out very, very fast.

4 Likes

Go to dungeon journal and look under raids for WoD…

6 Likes

People also hated Ashran with a passion.
Was dubbed “Trashran” and still holds strong today.

Edit: The apexis crystals grind was the worst thing Blizzard ever added in the game.

12 Likes

WoD was the worst expansion because the market chose to not reward a bad product.

You had one daily… that’s all you had if you didnt raid.

The same person behind trashcan is sadly doing classes now

4 Likes

The WoW community berated and constantly trashed Holinka over Ashran. Then he left in Legion, people were super happy.
Now he’s back in Shadowlands and people are super happy.
Just show’s how the WoW community truly is.

I’m already not liking his Mage changes in SL…
But we’ll see. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice assumption that I didn’t play WoD solely based off my achievements. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: