Why is there still no comp stomp?

I was looking forward to gearing a alt for pvp with this event but complete radio silence treatment…

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate, but I think safe to say it will not happen this week.

Yeah feels great to have a good brawl getting superseded by a crap one that’s already been running for weeks.

3 Likes

I think I’m picking up on some sarcasm.

pretty much. give us 3 options…

It’s particularly sad because it only happens like twice a year. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

2 Likes

It’s more of blizz’s ridiculousness!!
“You will not have fun” its a slap in the face!

1 Like

While I’m right up there in the disappointment with the lot of you; I have made this CC thread in hopes to garner more attention to the want of more Comp Stomp in peoples lives. Just give it a good ol’ like if you support it!

And while I wish I could stay longer to discuss things Comp Stomp related for more ideas to throw at the thread, I do need to get to sleep for work tomorrow.

4 Likes

wtb comp stomp

A casual pvp players opinion :dracthyr_tea: TLDR I know

A simple short term fix for this situation would be if they would consider moving the PvP Brawl: Deepwind Dunk back one week, and allow Comp Stomp to continue until the 12th of December. The Anniversary ends the 7th, and with it Korrack’s Revenge. We could at the very least get 5 days of Comp Stomp in before waiting until next February. A long term fix would be addressing whatever issues are preventing the brawl from appearing while the anniversary brawl is active, or adding another button specifically to be used for Korrack’s Revenge next November.

I agree with Ravij’s community council post. They could simply change the rotation so that Comp Stomp comes around more often. I believe that classic Ashran could be safely cut out of the schedule entirely as it is the most disliked battleground from what I have experienced. I may be missing something obvious, but I don’t think more comp stomp would lead to any noticeable downsides. PvE players get an easier avenue to transmogs, but the PvP players will still have exclusive access to the elite sets. Comp Stomp could be used for a quick conquest farm but blitz with its 2 quests and 4 wins required to finish them awards more than my weekly conquest cap already, and is far more fun and engaging imho. Furthermore, by the time that the conquest ceiling rises high enough to make Comp Stomp a truly viable farm, pvp players will already be in full conquest gear running around in pre-mades. At that time Comp Stomp could serve as a catch up mechanic for people that have fallen behind on gearing, providing them and under geared alts an entrance ramp to get them to a point where they can join into actual bgs again without doing so to a team’s detriment. I don’t flame anyone for it, but it is always a little concerning to me when I join a random non epic bg and see that my healer or dps allies are in perpetual execution range, offset of course when I see an enemy healer or dps as an easy one shot. The Glorious Medal of Honor already acts as an alt catch up mechanic but does so less efficiently than Comp Stomp could.

I honestly feel that Bg Blitz will kill random Bgs for me entirely. It keeps out premades, has items to allow for some counter play between classes, attempts to balance out ilvl, and it just has much quicker more objective focused games. With ranked mode being added to it in the future, it would be nice to have a low stress secondary pvp game mode to be able to que into from time to time. Even if it is every other month. This is all just my two cents though, being thrown into the ether of the WoW forums.

*Edited for grammar

2 Likes

I love you. :dracthyr_heart:

1 Like

It got a blue response, TLDR they’re ‘looking into it’ but prob won’t be fixed before the event ends so, welcome to Blizzard not caring and having bad pvp devs

fwiw I saw on Twitter that BlizzardCS told someone they were looking into what to do about Comp Stomp (if anything) but that they didn’t have anything to say yet

That might just mean nothing but hopefully it doesn’t

They’re too busy instantly making changes for WFR and some new classic season apparently

i would just like special event bgs to have their own tab so it doesnt mess with the rotation. for now just push things back

Skynet didn’t want to get murdered this week, it seems

We have succeeded! Our mountains of outcry over comp stomp will be relieved!
Comp Stomp To come Dec 12th!

1 Like

They put out a plue post:

1 Like