Why is there no solo queue system for RBGs?

LFG is the most antiqued piece of garbage. There are no filters for it and you have a limit of 5 queues at a time. I’m convinced this exists solely to waste the players time. Every single modern game with a rating system has a matchmaking system. So why is it that we have to sit here for a half hour trying to a find group for RBGs? Why not just copy the system DotA or LoL uses?

33 Likes

Because Blizzard believes WoW is a special case where a solo queue wouldn’t work.

10 Likes

Wont happen but would be nice. Dont have a steady team to run with unfortunatly and groupfinder is a coinflip anyhow so might as well make it possible to solo q and cut out the wait time

4 Likes

The only arguments I’ve seen have been…

1. It’s comp based. This solely exists as a concept because they make it comp based by allowing players to create these comps.
  2. Building a queue system is difficult for matchmaking. This isn’t true at all. There are plenty of MMR based games out there today and WoW uses MMR to queue players into each other. They could even utilize Epic BGs in the Rated formula if there was an excess of DPS.
  3. Toxicity… yeah that doesn’t exist in the current format at all.
9 Likes

Or implement a solo que with benefits.

A premade team can still enter qued as premade but those brave souls that solo que matched together by the system are all given a 5-10% damage boost or damage reduction ? It give them a fighting chance since totally uncoordinated and no discord.

This will help all yolo teams actually have a chance to win ?

3 Likes

Heres the reason why at 25:20

https://youtu.be/894fSjZTWz8?t=1521

2 Likes

Actually makes sense to me. DPS would have to wait an eternity for a queue, then also the chance of having like 5 of the same fotm class (CC DRs etc)

2 Likes

Yeah, those points he made are complete bull.

1. Comp builds are entirely created by the player community. Solo queue would remove comp builds and if people still wanted to run a squad comp nothing is stopping them. This is nothing more than trying to make BGs into another Arena even though it’s far more tactical.
  2. Queue System would easily work if coded properly to check a number of areas and fill in. It could be as simple as the BG/LFR queue system today with a MMR attached to it. Games would designate trying to find even matches first and then proceed with trying to get a match. There is a whole host of tools available that could be utilized. His point on this are laziness or ignorance.
  3. Solo Queue isn’t competitive I’m guessing he missed that market involving solo queue rated games. DotA, CS, LoL, SC2, HS, HotS, etc.

Ion has only been the Game Director for 2 expansions and 1 that was already released. His focus was Dungeons/Raids and not PvP.

5 Likes

So… make it two tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS for queue.

EASY

2 Likes

Because the characters aren’t standardized. Why would you want to risk grouping up with like fresh 60s playing non-meta classes?

It feels like what you want is to play random BGs / arenas but get the honor counted towards the Vault?

Eventually you would be decked out in 200 ilvl gear, and your only option would be to push rating for better gear, in which case you’d stop solo queing because hand picked meta comps will always beat a random group of people. So, we’re back at LFG there.

2 Likes

What rating do you think you’d be with solo queue implemented? Genuinely curious. I’ve never had an issue joining groups, so outside of you thinking a solo queue system = higher rating/more gear for you, I don’t see why you’d need it.

You played RBGs pre-LFG based on your achievements. If you’ve somehow forgotten the quality of life changes of not having to pug from trade chat and only your own realm, I can only assume this has nothing to do with wait times.

The way I see it is it’s working as intended. Better gear, better spec, better exp = more games. It’s like traditional sports. If you’re bad, somehow disabled/injured, too old, etc you’re not going to be playing at the top level and you will be waiting to play for any team at all. ie: Free Agency, playing overseas, etc for various sports. The better you are, the more capable you are, and the more seasoned you are, the quicker you will find games/a team.

4 Likes

Exactly, there wouldn’t be this necessary Caster vs. Melee cleave concepts or strictly going for the meta build comp w/e it may be. If there are no tanks don’t have a FC map pop up and if there is a shortage of healers use an epic bg. It’s not difficult to design if there is an overflow of players.

1 Like

The new Blizzard, the one that Mike and all of the other founders have run from, is only interested in playtime metrics = $$$.

Activision - where good developers go to die.

1 Like

And THIS is where Legion templates come into play.

You get set to a certain iLvl, then gain 1% stats for every 10 ilvl’s higher than the base template.

It was a good system, PVE trinkets broke legion PVP though.

4 Likes

If you’re queueing up with fresh 60s in a rated BG either you belong in that bracket or the season just started.

Nope.

Not true because the game wouldn’t be locked into the same concepts of before. It’s not a 10man raid queueing into a WSG against a full team of pugs.

Time, connections, opportunity, meta, xp, etc. The current system doesn’t provide a gateway for casuals and the random BG formula consists of getting rolled or roll. Not in anyway a good standard for entry for such a difficult piece of content dependent upon who you’re versusing.

Except it’s not playing at all if you’re not part of the meta. Not a lot of people have the time you or others have. Nor do they wish to hand over a resume to just play. Rather than having a system that allows them to queue and play against people of equal skill we have a basic LFG system that is incredibly dated. In traditional sports you would still be able to play in the lower leagues but, in WoW there is just no playing at all or waiting an hour to play.

3 Likes

Respectfully, I feel like everything you just mentioned is why people make YOLO groups for rated BGs.

2 Likes

Seems to be the case. eSports everything…

Another solo queue thread only to be told the same thing time and time again why it’s a bad idea for the current RBG system.

OP, try to look up the countless other posts about this and see that your idea, this idea, with the same thought is regurgitated time and time again. Why do you think your post will change the world instead of adding to the other discussions?

2 Likes

YOLOs are garbage. It’s time to stop posting Ion.

Your metrics and idea for solo queue doesn’t really look appealing either.

Again, players will play to maximize metrics over all else, and it’ll be yet another rendition of random BGs. Not fun.