Why is there no "Practice" for Visions?

The point
Your head

I sorry me use big word. Me use small word so you no feel bad.
Dis good? Me try say again.

It lie if say people get many thing all of time. It true that some people get many thing, but most people only get some of thing.

It okay if people who no play lots get less thing. It okay if people who play lots get more thing, but people who play lots are not most people.

True, most players are very casual and like easier content that gives them cosmetic benefits and pets/mounts. This was released at the final stage of this expansion for the more dedicated player base as End Game. I don’t wish bad on anyone and don’t look down on people who want something that’s easier. Just play and have fun. :wink:

Same there was no “practice mode” for the Mage Tower, except doing it over and over.

It’s meant to be a challenge.

1 Like

We’re going to be so bored with Visions in 6 weeks, in hindsight all of this hand wringing is going to look even more embarrassing that it does now.

2 Likes

As an aside/extension to this: I’ve already been asked to help w/ more groups than I’m able (I only have 3 toons capable so far). It seems (to me) that it would be fair to allow running them arbitrarily, just allowing no loot for the people who either don’t have, or don’t spend, a vessel prior to entering the instance.

I think it is tuned to be a challenge. Of my three toons that tried, only one made the first practice run.

Other than that I only died twice - trying to do side objectives - so want to learn that better.

The grinding for the mats is definitely too high. 50 for a quests when you need 10,000.

With the problem of picking up side objectives, I really don’t want to rely on guild mates for a carry, so need to solo this, but also do some mythics for better gear.

They don’t let you practice it probably because it would make the content get stale really quickly. There is only two maps after all and I doubt they’re gonna be all that interesting after a month has gone by.

Not currently.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/horrific-visions-disabled/420124/2?u=evelynais-kirin-tor

They did update quest rewards recently to be 250 instead of 50.

1 Like

Considering the cloak level is capped per week to allow people to catch up easily and the person working 40 hours a week can actually keep up with a Method raider - you can have practice runs.

If you mess up, you will eventually catch up, it just won’t be as fast as everyone else. But you’ll get there.

Watch youtube videos on horrific visions and only do things 1 step at a time. You’ll be fine

Anyone find it funny that they disabled Horrific Visions on the PTR just because you can copy your character over and do practice runs.

I only know because I wanted to test doing a full clear and its like nope can’t start them.

Its like if I had to guess they want you to fail and have to grind more. Only dedicated players would be copying their characters over to perfect runs.

You get all the practice you want. Will just cost you one key.

Seriously, learn it. Improve. Stop expected it to be handed to you,

Incomplete LFR content BTW

A practice mode? lmao.

It supposed to be tense turning in your 10k grinded essences and seeing how far you can push into the unknown. Knowing exactly when to just go kill the boss to end the scenario is part of the nature of it all.

A practice mode defeats the purpose of it.

No one asked for it to be easier. They asked for a way to practice.

Unlimited practice runs would make the content easier.

Don’t worry, this will only be “challenging” (for some people) for a few weeks. Gear and experience will trivialize it eventually. This is a legendary cloak. Work for it.

Someone’s asking to be able to practice on something hard and they get a quasi-motivational insult telling them to get better.

What do you think is the point of practicing something? It is… Wait for it… To get better at it. :exploding_head:

1 Like

The limited attempts we get are part of the challenge. Stop pretending that this is hard.

Doesn’t even take that long to do the dailies, plus the rewards were just buffed, 250 instead of 50 per daily now.

I feel like if there was an option to do practice runs for Horific Visions, they would be trivial.

You have 10 months to make it through. You get 3-4 attempts per week. You’ll make it eventually.

So you want Horific Visions to be tuned at the level Mythic raids are, requiring hundreds of pulls to manage your first kill ?

I mean we could do that too. But I’m betting you’ll be here complaining it’s too hard.