Why is there no official feedback post for Sunfury?

We got official feedback threads for the other 2 so where is the one for Sunfury? It actually looks pretty sick! I love me an Arcane Phoenix!

2 Likes

Damn this looks awesome for Fire as well, I’m hyped!

It’s definitely a lot better than I expected it to be but I already foresee some problems. For one some people are going to cry bloody murder over the phoenix being a “pet” even though it’s not something you will have to micromanage. The other big problem is everything you have to do in order to trigger Glorious Incandescence.

2 Likes

Might be the best hero tree, it’s extremely well done.

3 Likes

Conceptually it’s great. I am just worried about Glorious Incandescence. To trigger it for Arcane you need to: (1) consume a whooping four Clearcast procs, (2) cast AB or ABarr to consume one Burden of Power stack, then (3) cast an Arcane Orb to finally trigger Glorious Incandescence. Not only is that overkill Arcane Orb is an aimed spell that travels and may accidentally hit the wrong target or no target at all and thus waste the Glorious Incandescence.

Yeah seems more straightforward for Fire since you’ll basically proc it every Combust. Though it seems like you’ll want to build up an SKB first to get an orb out pre Phoenix but even then you can cheese it with Firestarter.

My only concern is the randomness of the exceptional spells and if it will be too much variance in DPS due to it. I’ve been wanting a phoenix since forever now.

Also if the G Pyro is an actual G Pyro in PvP that would be hilarious…seeing that we already get a new CC in Gravity Lapse…

The latter is pretty awesome though for dealing with Hunters.

More concerning that arcane soul is ST only for arcane vs fire’s hyperthermia benefit, and the fact that you need to consume 4 CC to generate an orb which as we know from the current arcane tier set, is not common in AOE.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s huge. It’s hard enough to get 3 CC procs for the current set bonus now they want 4 for this! It’s like they didn’t see our feedback on that at all. Unless they plan to streamline CC procs and generally increase the PPM rate it’s gonna be miserable trying to proc Glorious Incandescence.

There is also a pretty big disparity between the specs because Fire can get 6 Hotsteaks A LOT faster than Arcane can get 4 CCs. And let’s not forget the trigger is to consume not just generate. Hotstreaks by their nature are a lot easier and faster to consume than CCs, particularly in ST. And of course there is once again a major clash between wanting to spam CCs on the one hand and needing to delay them for Nether Precision on the other. Big counter synergy there that they’re continuing to ignore.

3 Likes

Just sad that they put a +new+ temp pet in this arcane/fire hero-tree.

They could still change the arcane/frost tree which is rly bland and boring (only some passive procs) to a arcane familar /frost perma-pet tree. That would be a really new and unique playstyle :slight_smile:

Yeah this tree is an absolute banger for fire and clunk for arcane. Everything is clunk for arcane. I am assuming there is going to be arcane reworking going on.

2 Likes

PREACH!

God I hope so! The more the game gets streamlined and modernized the more Arcane’s shortcomings are coming to the fore and the more apparent it becomes that it’s outdated toolkit is not up to the challenges that the modern game presents.

1 Like

There were a ton of fire changes datamined, so fire is definitely getting work it appears. Hopium for arcane.

The hopium is real! I am literally refreshing Wowhead on my phone to see what the dataminers dig up.

Yeah, hopefully Arcane gets a rework that’ll help shape up these trees a lot better. Arcane Orb seems to be a recurrent theme with the hero trees, so I’m expecting something nice to happen to it at the very least.

Fire is, for now, the biggest winner with these trees. Both Frostfire and Sunfury are awesome.

3 Likes

Here are the datamined spells mmo champ found. NOTE: these are not official, not implemented, and not promised. There was a list like this for dragonflight too, and some of them got in and some of them got axed. Read this as an idea list not a list of new stuff:

Ashen Feather (New) If Phoenix Flames only hits one target, it deals 50% increased damage and applies Mastery at 100% effectiveness.

Blast Zone (New) Up to 5 Living Bombs can now be applied by Flamestrike. Living Bombs can now spread to eight enemies.

Call of the Sun King - TEMP (New) Phoenix Flames gains an extra charge and always critically strikes.

Charring Embers (New) Phoenix Flames applies Charring Embers to all enemies it damages, increasing their damage taken from you by 5% for 12 sec.

Convection - TEMP (New) When a Living Bomb expires, if it did not spread to another target, it refreshes its duration and increases its damage by 100%. A Living Bomb can only benefit from this effect once.

Down in Flames (New) Scorch deals 300% damage to targets below 30% health.

Explosivo (New) Casting Combustion procs Living Bomb. Your chance to proc Living Bomb while in Combustion is substantially increased.

Fireball (New) Throws a fiery ball that causes [ 60% of Spell Power ] Fire damage. 2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

Firefall - TEMP (New) Every 30 times your Living Bomb explodes, call down a Meteor on your target.

Fire’s Ire (New) When you’re not under the effect of Combustion, your critical strike chance is increased by 10%. While you’re under the effect of Combustion, your critical strike damage is increased by 10%.

Flamestrike (New) Calls down a pillar of fire, burning all enemies within the area for [ 80% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and reducing their movement speed by 20% for 8 sec. Deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets. 2.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 3.5 sec cast.

Focused Flames (New) Living Bomb deals more damage the fewer targets it hits, up to 300% at 1 target.

Light the Match (New) Living Bomb damage always critically strikes and its initial damage contributes to Hot Streak.

Living Bomb - TEMP (New) Consuming Hot Streak has a small chance to make your next Pyroblast or Flamestrike turn up to three struck targets into a Living Bomb that explodes after 4 sec, dealing [ 32.34% of Spell Power ] Fire damage to the target and reduced damage to all other enemies within 10 yds. Up to five enemies hit by this explosion also become a Living Bomb, but this effect cannot spread further. 40 yd range.

Mark of the Fire Lord (New) Flamestrike and Living Bomb apply Mastery: Ignite at 100% increased effectiveness.

Majesty of the Phoenix (New) When Phoenix Flames damages 3 or more targets, your next 3 Flamestrikes have their cast time reduced by 1.5 sec and their damage is increased by 60%.

Phoenix Reborn TEMP (New) When your direct damage spells hit an enemy affected by Charring Embers 20 times, the damage of your next 2 Phoenix Flames is increased by 100% and they refund a charge on use.

Pyromaniac - TEMP (New) Casting Pyroblast or Flamestrike while Hot Streak is active has an 8% chance to repeat the spell cast at 100% effectiveness. This effect counts as consuming Hot Streak.

Pyrotechnics - TEMP (New) Each time your Fireball fails to critically strike or Fuel the Fire doesn’t proc, gain a stacking 10% increased critical strike chance. Effect ends when Fireball critically strikes or Fuel the Fire procs.

Quickflame (New) Flamestrike deals 30% increased damage.

Spontaneous Combustion (New) Casting Combustion refreshes all charges of Fire Blast and Phoenix Flames.

Tempered Flames - TEMP (New) Combustion now grants critical strike damage equal to 25% of your critical strike.

OMFG! This is the kind of treatment Arcane Barrage needs and I have been asking for this since forever!!! :weary::sob:

1 Like

Well, at least these would make Living Bomb impactful again. Also, these many changes to Living Bomb make the LB talent in Frostfire make more sense. Hopefully all 3 specs are getting a nice rework for the stuff they need fixed so the spec trees aren’t all one-dimensional.

It also looks like the season 2 tier set will make it into the talent trees, which is good. Hopefully the same also happens to the other specs with the season 3 tier set.

I can absolutely see this being reined in for Fire instead of brought up to par for Arcane. Who would take “splinter mage” over what’s probably the most thematic hero tree yet?