Why is there no bard class?

I’m going to roll Kahono from Black Clover when they add it.

They could just find a way to add bard in the lore lol. I mean, they write the stuff.

1 Like

Do you mean like copied the skills/play style or the idea of a bard being a class? Because final fantasy has had the bard class almost 10 years before EverQuest was released.

1 Like

Gotta say, I don’t want a bard class but I would sure as heck level one. I am so boooooored with the same classes. We need something new. I don’t want to level another of the same class JUST for heritage armor. It’s boring!

They keep adding new ARs and not adding new classes for those ARs… :frowning:

1 Like

Well, a Bard for one thing :wink:

counterstrike doesn’t have a bard

do i win some cookies

Some slick beats

1 Like

Here’s what I think bards could add to the game:

Another spec that uses bows/guns. Not enough of these.
Another mail class.
A new healing spec. (While there may be too many classes, and especially too many melee DPS specs, we could use more healers and more diversity in healing playstyles.)
A support/hybrid spec. A DPS that passively pumps out absorbs could fit the jack-of-all-trades fantasy of the Bard while giving options to players who want to support the team but don’t like the spinning plates of healing specs in the current meta.

Bards are a support character, and WoW doesn’t have support roles.

1 Like

Because the idea of them sounds dumb.

“Uh oh, boss going to phase 2. Better switch to distortion ju-ju-ju-ju-ju-ju-ju!”

Yeah no thanks.

This is a balancing nightmare waiting to happen and is one of the main reasons disc priest got changed way back when. Their buffs are either weak enough that no one will bring one, because they generally give up damage for utility or strong enough that they’re mandatory in any group actually trying to accomplish something. There’s not really a middle ground.

The “balancing nightmare” of Siege of Orgrimmar? One of the most beloved peroids of the game in terms of class design? Ok. Personally I’d love to have that era of Disc Priest back but you do you.

Simple answer… the tears of Alliance crybabies would flow hard and long when facing Horde players in a BG…

Horde bards would be playing Power of the Horde while the Alliance would be playing Mmmbop.

It’s really that simple… Horde players have better taste in music while Alliance… well late 80’s and early 90’s boy bands are not very impressive.

1 Like

tbh the idea of a bard class always kinda just sounded crap to me , but I am not forced to play it so whatever I guess

1 Like

Doesn’t really work in this game. A support class would be insanely overpowered just by the sheer utility they would bring and would become a mandatory bring in just about any form of group content.

It would be better as a potential 4th spec for Rogues

Siege was a balancing nightmare. Hyper mobile ranged classes making melee borderline obsolete, running one and only one disc priest because of weakened soul diminishing returns, hunters with superhuman pets murking people behind pillars, etc, etc.

I spent the better part of siege taking one for the team and playing ele over enhance because of how ridiculous casters were at the time.

Bards in eq and ff14 are very different classes. Bards in eq were melee support characters with no bow, where as ff14 bards are range musicians with a bow and maybe 3-4 songs. FF14’s played more like a marks hunter who hums to themselves.

1 Like

They could have offensive abilities such as smashing an instrument over the enemy. It would at least daze them. Songs that buff could work. But healing seems far fetched from a song.

I hear all teh why it should not be in wow. IO say lets look at how it can be differnt than any other game.

1. first can be a heal type that uses combat as healing. That let say a healing type that use songs.
  2. Tank type using songs for dodges and such. Include a healing song to help. Then add a few songs for agro. It can be a shield class with mail armor.
  3. Range attack with songs and other type of attacks.
  4. Really go wild and have a stealth class.