Why is there no bard class?

How is Bard a class ?

Anyone can be a Bard. A hulking barbarian can pick up a lutte at night and sing songs about his own valor. A lone Cleric in a temple can play the flute to accompany his choir in singing praise to their lord.

Not everyone can be a Wizard and master the arcane arts that take years of isolation and study. Not everyone can have the nature tracking skills and survival instincts required to be a Ranger.

It’s like people who want “Tinkers” as a class. We already have “Tinkers” : Engineers.

4 Likes

tbh the whole concept of a bard class sound (hehe) really boring for an mmo like wow :v

agreed, I played one in another game and it was awesome!

2 Likes

The first support dps class?

4 Likes

They usually heal and provide buffs, very short buffs so they have a rotation, the one I played could do damage, healing and buffs

Forest: Night
You enter from the North. There is a Blood Elf stoking a campfire in the clearing up ahead. You attempt to find cover, but she immediately takes notice of your presence. With a sharp whistle and reflexive disengage she quickly rises to her feet while nocking an arrow. A 12-foot long crocodile appears from the bushes behind you and begins to snarl. You are now face-to-face with the business end of a Serpent Sting arrow and razor sharp reptilian teeth. A red carat has appeared over your head. You are now marked.
What do you do?

“I pull my Flute of the Somber Pixie from it’s case and begin playing the theme for Orgrimmar.”

She fires an arrow into your left eye. You are now being eaten by a crocodile.

9 Likes

Bards are lame. If you want a bard in Shadowlands go with Bastion, your swolkin will follow you and play a mighty tune.

I don’t know if we will even see another class in the game, but I sure wouldn’t mind seeing a bard class. As much as I would like a new class, though, I feel Blizzard needs to figure out all of (Haha!) their existing classes first.

Best scenario ever! :rofl:

Bard is extremely complicated. its a charismatic mage that doesnt cast spells, but casts spells, while providing offensive and defensive buffs.

the ff14 version is a good class but its hardly a bard. its an archer that can provide some buffs.

currently in programming.

Please wait.

Because what would they do? Play music and buff the team while doing no dps?

Does Warcraft even have Bards worth mentioning? Like I rarely see NPC Bards. So why a class for them?

Why not ask for something more interesting, like Wardens, or Dark Rangers?

Aight… seemingly hot take that is actually warm at best.

Bards are not a WoW thing it’s a DND thing same with Drow.

Tropes don’t make things suddenly the same thing, everyone has their different take on fantasy.

People should just play Baldurs gate instead.

because this isn’t D&D

My main in FF14 is bard. I’m still quite confused why I need talent in music to play a hunter…:smirk:

There are quite a few occasions where songs are implied to be magical. The ones that comes to mind most recently are the sirens added in BfA, Song of Chi-Ji monk talent, Reverberating Hymn from halls of origination, Song of the empress from Shek’zara, song of azshara in Nazjatar, battlepets also have bleat, inspiring song and song of the dead. So songs are indeed magical (but I still don’t think we’ll ever get a bard)

1 Like

we al redy have the bard , u go on druid u press fly form

1 Like

hold on ill get the clip…

here me of the past the video you went to get.