Why is there no bard class?

Every other real game has one.

11 Likes

Too many classes already. Not sure what bards would add to the game.

7 Likes

LOL :rofl:
Puh-lease.
If WoW was trying to copy FFXIV then sure. If you want to play bard go there - they’re glorified hunters with a freaking harp.
Give WoW the tinker class they’ve been clamoring for first.

26 Likes

because the guitar hero controllers are out of production and blizzard doesn’t want to make them.

21 Likes

Actually FFXIV Copied everquest bards

7 Likes

Because aside from Naaru and one Priest spell, there’s never been an occasion where music is implied to be magical.

And in the case of Naaru, that’s just the noise they make by existing, so i’m not sure that even counts.

5 Likes

Just no lore for it, there isn’t really sound magic in WoW. There’s Murmur who’s described as a sound elemental, but that’s one of the only instances of it and not explained well.

So bards here have no way to do anything. They’d just be playing music while everyone else is doing all the work. It’s not a WoW thing.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say no to a bard class only because other people might like playing them, but my personal thoughts on the idea of a WoW bard class is :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

I never played Everquest.
But I did level a bard in FFXIV so that’s where my reference came from.

Too much of a fun class.

4 Likes

Of course nothing is ever stopping Blizzard from creating a new continent on the other side of Azeroth where the races there use music and hymns to heal and fight.

But personally I don’t think we’re getting a new class regardless for a very long time.

4 Likes

Would love a bard class personally, but I agree with others that it’s not really a WoW thing lorewise.

Also agree with others that Blizz could pull that out their a** if they wanted to. :wink:

3 Likes

druid is the hard class , 1 druid is same as like 6 demon hunter

Blizzard can’t get existing classes to work properly and you’re asking for an additional class with novelty features.

4 Likes

I would like a class like bard or even thinker.
But Blizzard does not seem to be comfortable with a class that is a light version of archers that are capable of causing buffs and debuffs, when not even paladins and priests can bless their colleagues in combat, doing at most functions as healers.

In games like ragnarok on line, priests and bards were very participatory and essential in varying fights.

In warcraft it was never something planned and I don’t think Blizzard would know how to do it without getting even more unbalanced.
Anyway, I would like thinkers and bards added to the game, but I understand that it may be unviable for technical reasons.

I’m not trying to sing mobs to death

5 Likes

I can’t stand the concept of bards and I wish people would stop pushing for them

Horrible idea for a class and if they ever put them in game I’d like to see them have 2 healing specs and a group buffing spec and make them useless

I swear the only people that want bards in games are the same people that bring a flute to a house party to show off

Levelling a healer solo is enough of a pain. Can’t imaging levelling a singing, dancing flute player would be much better.

1 Like

Great question, it would give all the lgbtq peeps a favorite class

You’d change your mind about Bards if you were stuck in Befallen for hours and hours (camping the Bone Bladed Claymore) watching “Tiny bubbles of music surround your head” every 15 seconds.

3 Likes