Why is there a shutdown on Wednesday?

Thanks for finding it for me.

If it were apathy they wouldn’t be bothering to try to fix things.

3 Likes

stop copying memirasol! I said it first :stuck_out_tongue:

I know they were working on a fix for boosted characters receiving a WOW51900319 error when trying to login after the boost, hoping this is the downtime that fixes that issue.

2 Likes

i didnt learn about this until yesterday, and i had a bunch of enchants saved up in an alt’s bank from when i leveled enchanting a few weeks ago. i went and listed them all cheaper, hoping to bring the price down. but they sold instantly and the prices are still stupid. i tried to help :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

its a job. people at subway are apathetic but they make your food

There was a hotfix on monday night.

Probably the New Moon

Last working day before expansion launch.

Dragonflight launches Monday, and Thanksgiving weekend in the U.S. starts tomorrow.

3 Likes

Yeah this one is a big problem and one I hope is a high priority to fix. Not being able to play a boosted char someone paid for is certainly not ok. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

The AH scalpers probably sniped them and relisted, same as any other commodity that’s temporarily in short supply.

This works if you’re Amazon with New World. There has been 18 years of being able to find the problem spaces that keep occurring and coming up with solutions for those problems.

You can simulate load, you can smoke test, you can perform a significant amount of testing across a broad range of systems and eliminate the need for these wonky and random maintenance windows.

Running into issues after you push to production because you don’t have adequate testing methods is a sign of process failure on their side, the complexity of those users isn’t that big of a deal given millions of users are being partitioned across the same sets of content and in-game systems.

These systems can be improved, they can operate better, and they can suffer significantly less outages than they have now. it’s a management and talent problem, not a purely technical problem.

3 Likes

Blizzard is hiring. Maybe you should apply since you clearly know how to fix things up lickety split.

3 Likes

I do this for a living for a different game studio, if they want to pay I am willing to do the job.

The Truth has spoken.

1 Like

With Blizzard’s track record lately, it’s pretty obvious as to why they’re hiring lol. It’s not because a lack of talent.

1 Like

Look at the tech support forums. A lot of folks are still unable to log in or install the update to the game.

Ohh sure, so easy to blame us now…

2 Likes

Well the hamsters are clearly in dire straits… :stuck_out_tongue:

Then apply for a job.

There’s a major US holiday tomorrow and I’m pretty sure their offices are gonna be skeleton crewed until Monday so it’s probably a combo of preventative maintenance, small bug fixes, and the fact that the expansion is launching next week.

1 Like