Why is there a new system every patch

Domination gear is budget corruption.

We just got out of a bad relationship with corruption gear why are y’all adding new systems every patch? I want Jeff from the unemployment team back.

60 Likes

Systemlands can’t survive without systems apparently.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

33 Likes

This is Blizzard reinventing the wheel every patch cycle.

68 Likes

Call me crazy but I think having more content is more interesting than another system we do not need.

36 Likes

Because it allows for infinite sustainability with 0 need to plan for the future. Make a new system, chuck it at the end of the expansion, and no need to worry about the next expansion using that system. They said the talent system got too big and needed updates each expansion. This allows them to make systems that are temporary and thus there is no need to worry about the future.

2 Likes

We definitely need better foundational systems though.

I get that its not easy to create something that can stand on its own & be flexible to new ideas but every other system introduced at this rate is conflicting and just making the situation feel worse until everything is thrown out and we restart.

13 Likes

When you have a rental system going to be introduced in patch 9.1 that undermines rental systems currently on live that is not sustainable.

7 Likes

I’ve been having a blast with talent trees again in classic tbc why can’t we just go back to the mmo system that works!

19 Likes

I actually thought they said they put in all the systems right at the start this expansion. I am surprised they are introducing more. They sure must love them.

13 Likes

Because “systems” are cheap to make while “content” (new zones, dungeons, quests, etc) is expensive.

Every new patch has a little “content” to get you in but the “system” is there to make you stay.

Its a way to get more player time with less content.

17 Likes

But then the devs need to have criativty, while new systems only have to make your life more busy so you have to keep your sub for more time.

3 Likes

Yes you probably are correct. However, they had so many systems at the start I believed their claim about putting them all in.

1 Like

That isn’t true anymore if it takes them this long to release the first patch.

So using systems in the place of content as a cost saving measure has run its course from my guess.

Just like how building a fence now is cheaper using vinyl than wood. Given enough time things change.

IF BlizZard is doubling down on systems to save money over content when it takes them this long to release just one patch they need to take a math course.

5 Likes

The new talent tree I kind of support though. Its not as fun to interact with on its own but I think it does add to the experience overall when you can freely change between offensive/defensive/utility without needing to respect into a new 70 point build. For a long time I disliked it until I started interacting with newer players towards the end of WoD who had experienced the before and after.

1 Like

Borrowed power is the easiest content maker in WoW.

5 Likes

This.
It’s compounded by small things, like if one of your rental systems has something someone really likes, like a specific azerite trait, corruption, essence, or artifact weapon talent and it doesn’t make next expansion’s cut on the new system?
Guess it’s just another thing that Blizzard has ripped away from you.

They’ll never learn, actual hopeless devs

5 Likes

Sure, that is what they said, but lets look at all the work they put into doing these systems and fixing the hole created in leveling via 8 years of no new character progression.

Seems more like a lame take on tier sets than corruption.

1 Like

My view is the more they confuse you the more likely you wouldn’t get comfy with the same system ,don’t you love being a test subject of a large experiment.