Why is the cost to upgrade heroic gear setup like this?

This is not true.
https://i.imgur.com/aXOYOxy.png
Not unless you’re upgrading one of the special drops that happen to cap out at a higher ilvl. At which point you’re just complaining that the gear you have access to is better. Which is an odd take.

Let’s not kid ourselves here okay. The difficulty to upgrade normal gear all the way is far far easier than it is to upgrade heroic gear all the way. I’m talking about what it takes to upgrade normal gear all the way Vs. heroic gear all the way. If you don’t see it that then I can’t help that.

Well, that is certainly your choice to make, but the high end gearing system in wow is designed to force you into M+.

Entry-level Wyrm’s crest content is easier than entry-level Aspect’s crest content? So? If you’re capable of getting a full set of heroic-track gear in the first place, you can do some 6s to get the Aspect’s crests you need to upgrade them to mythic quality.

+6’s aren’t that hard to do. just do a couple for some aspects.

I’m confused. Is OP upset they hit their ceiling?

It’s all relative. A player whose ceiling is below heroic gear level will find it difficult to get wyrm crests to finish out their champion track gear. Just like you find it difficult to get aspect crests to finish out hero track because your ceiling appears to be below mythic gear level.

To you personally, the path from N > H seems like its easier than H > M, but in actuality it’s the same struggle for someone at a lower bracket.

1 Like

+6 is not hard? I just tried mythic zero Nakud we wiped 3 times at first boss 3 times at second boss and healer and dps left. But yeah if you say +6 is not hard sure whatever you say. I don’t expect a change anyways. It’ll never happen.

It’s easier to get heroic gear than it is to get mythic gear? Not seeing the problem here, that seems perfectly reasonable

1 Like

That’s to be expected. It’s very likely your group wasn’t paying attention to mechanics in a m0. Making it way harder than it actually is.

If you can kill the end boss of any awakened raid on heroic, you can do a +10

Good news! You can clear heroic in full 489, so since you’ve no plans to do harder content, you can consider yourself done.

1 Like

It’s like people don’t understand ceilings… lol

At 515 ilvl, a +6 M+ is an easy task though…

Seems you reached the limit of what you’re capable of and are able to reach item levels in accordance of that. It’s not like 515 is low.

Also hero upgrades 5 and 6 have always costed Aspect crests.

It sound like players from normal have an issue upgrading gear because they can’t do heroic. I assume LFR players have the same issue because they can’t do normal. I’m having an issue upgrading all the way because I can’t clear mythic raid or mythic +6.

If it was up to me I would make LFR gear upgradable all the way using Whelping Crest, I would make normal gear upgradable all the way using Drake Crest, I would make heroic gear upgradable all the way using Wyrm’s Crest and finaly mythic raid and mythic +6 using Aspect Crest.

This will never happen not in a million years, but it’s what I would do. That way no player is left behind and they can upgrade their items using the current level they are in not a step-up level to finish off their gear. Again this will never happen. Cheers.

Funnily enough, the first 1-2 days of S4 the upgrade tracks were incorrect, and you could go 6/6 Hero track with wyrms alone. This has since been corrected.

Again though it makes perfect sense for players who don’t do heroic to have an issue upgrading gear to heroic level.

Well the positive thing now is there will be a conversion vendor that converts 90 wyrms into 15 aspects. This means 6 weeks is all it takes to upgrade Fyralath and 2 more weeks for my off-hand. After that I’ll just be selective in upgrades. Plus there will be an additional 45 Wyrm’s from vault per week. I do what I can with what I got.

First off, I feel like that is a mechanical issue if you were with your heroic raid team. Second off, it is easier to upgrade normal raid gear to max than heroic because normal caps out lower and uses lower level crests.

Also if you cleared heroic fully and are 515, +6 is not hard.