Why is the cost to upgrade heroic gear setup like this?

As of right now a piece of gear obtained from a heroic raid can be upgraded to ilvl of 515. After that it needs 15 Aspect Crest and after that it needs 30 Aspects not counting the flightstones per upgrade. For a player like myself who can’t do mythic raid due to raid lockout restrictions and group formation falls off LFG and I don’t do mythic +6 or better to get 15 Aspects I do a full heroic raid and gain 90 Wyrm’s Crest that I convert to 15 Aspect Crest. That is what I did in S3 to upgrade my gear beyond 4 upgrades.

However, due to the increase in Aspect cost it would take 3 weeks to upgrade an item all the way now up form 2 weeks. This doesn’t count Fyrakk legendary weapon which takes way way more. Why the increase in Aspect cost to upgrade heroic items? You think it’s easy to do Mythic raid or mythic +6 and above dungeon?

I personally play wow for raids and last season I was excited about the introduction of a crest conversion vendor in the emerald dream. As of now we don’t have one that trade crests up, but I think there will be one by the auction house in the coming weeks, but the cost is too high right now to justify it.

I for one once my gear is ilvl 515 and I get the mount, will probably take a break until the release of TWW I just have few touchups on 2 achievements that I need to finish. This is disappointing because had there been the same way to upgrade gear the same way as I did last season, I probably would have kept going. Maybe I’m one-off player who doesn’t do mythic raids and mythic + 6 and above who knows.

What what what you need to do harder content for higher gear rewards!!! What what what so unfair

7 Likes

Uh…I’m pretty sure heroic raid gear has always had 2 mythic upgrade levels on its track. So 30 crests. At least it did last season.

4 Likes

It’s threads like these that remind me why I don’t pay attention to the gearing progression system in wow anymore.

I’ll randomly remember the catalyst is a thing on occasion, go there, see that half my gear isn’t eligible to be upgraded even though it’s current season, my eyes will glaze over and I’ll move on to doing pet battles.

3 Likes

well right now it’s 45 crests which is 3 weeks. last season it was 30 crests which is 2 weeks which is 30 weeks for fury warrior. Now its 42 week not including Fyralath which adds around 10 weeks or so by itself.

It has.

It’s designed so that every piece of gear requires 30 of the next higher up difficulty to upgrade to max.

Vet champ hero myth

Vet requires 30 champ aspects.
Champ requires 30 hero aspects
Hero requires 30 myth aspects

1 Like

Hero requires 45 myth aspects as of right now not 30. It gets way worse to upgrade legendary weapons like Fyralath.

Do some keys

1 Like

Sounds like you made the conscience decision to avoid content that drops aspect crests. That is a choice.

If you want them bad enough, maybe it will encourage you to give it a try.

Personally I think the overlaps on gear tracks are great. Helps with pushing into the next bracket.

Also your math might be off
With a 90:15 exchange

In s3 we got 90 crests per week
In s4 we get 120 crests per week

In s3 to get 2 aspect crests = 2 weeks
In s4 to get 2 aspect crests < 2 weeks.
In s4 to get 4 aspect crests = 3 weeks.

1 Like

It’s alright. I have 1 hunting color to obtain for “A World Awoken” and a few touchups for “Back form the Beyond” achievements. After that break time until TWW hits. There is nothing for me here once my gear is ilvl 515 the way conversions costs stand. The bar to obtain Aspect crests is set too high.

To get Aspects either I have to do mythic raid or mythic +6 and above dungeon neither of which is an easy task. Even at 30 weeks for S3 for fury warrior was too much it needs to be 15 weeks tops maybe less. Now you made it close 55 weeks. SMH in awe. It doesn’t matter anyways.

Mmm, no. I’ve been to the vendor and it’s still just 15 aspect crests per upgrade. It takes 30 aspect crests to upgrade an item to 522.

Two mythic dungeons is 24 aspects.

If you can’t do the content that awards then then you haven’t earned the ilvl that is awarded.

Do you think the difficulty to upgrade gear from normal to heroic is the same as heroic to mythic??? That’s what I wanna know. Any thoughts??? Thanks.

Do you thinly or should have mythic level gear for doing heroic level content?

If you aren’t completing the content that rewards the correct crests that’s on you.

1 Like

I ask again since you didn’t answer my question. Is the difficulty to upgrade normal gear to heroic the same as heroic to mythic??? Are you going to answer that at least or you gonna ask another question like you did last time???

I didn’t answer it because it’s irrelevant.

This is a subjective question. If you’re going off of my opinion both are easy.

It doesn’t matter.

If you want the ilvl that xyz aspects award from upgrades do the content that awards them.

Well great news looks like the increase that I saw was the total summation not total per level. So it will take 36 weeks. Still a lot but better than 50 plus.

If you want to upgrade the item into mythic ilvl you need the mythic currency? Huh, that’s strange.

No it’s not. No one doing mythic has mythic ilvl before going into mythic.

It’s called progression

The gear system is the same, except for the special awokened tracks that go above the myth 4/4. It takes 15 crests per upgrade unless it is below Whelp track (I think explorer or adventurer 1-4 is free). If you elect not to go into higher content, then you can treat it as though hero only goes to rank 4. You can also trade up when you no longer need Wyrm crests. The alternative to this system is not being able to upgrade above the 4/6 hero track, which would diminish the rewards you earn.