Why is the average skill level of alliance players lower than horde players

And that’s fine. I get that completely. My question is specifically to OP who is suggesting skill is associated with faction. I’m asking him for clarification as to how he determines a player’s faction for his “stats” when he claims the average alliance player is less skilled. Because at first glance, that would include you and a great many of the best pve players in the world lol.

I don’t think anyone can reasonably dispute the following:

1. Faction populations have, historically, been roughly the same.
  2. The RP population is overwhelmingly Alliance and always has been.
  3. Given 1 & 2, that puts the non-RP population more in Horde’s favor.

Which, by the way, brings up an important point:
Why doesn’t anybody ever talk about how Blizzard needs to attract more people to Horde role-playing?

1 Like

Didn’t you literally make this same thread twice?

Anyway, it’s funny coming upon it after I did a +5 all horde group on a 440 ret paladin and I was the only one to consistently do the most dps whereas everyone else was barely breaking 30k consistently.

1 Like

I know Ion said the factions were historically balanced population-wise. He also admitted the devs screwed up years ago with racials and left those imbalanced racials for far too long, which lead to many end-game players migrating to horde and staying there (I’ve fully quoted him several times, years ago - not hunting that down again). They acknowledged it and that’s why we have cross-faction grouping now.

I feel like I saw a post not long ago encouraging more horde RPers to go to Moonguard. Despite preferring RP realms myself, I’m not sure it’s as popular as it used to be, just generally. I won’t claim to know why that is, but maybe it’s just more consolidated to Moonguard and Wyrmsrest. :woman_shrugging:

OPs bringing the Alliance average down :pensive:

1 Like

Ion always tells the room what it wants to hear.

I’d put more faith into the “Horde racials were too powerful” trope if he - or ANYONE - could actually point me to what, where, and when these “powerful Horde racials” were.

I keep asking.

Nobody can ever tell me.

I ran the OP through Google Translate and this is what came out:

2 Likes

Why does it matter? Seriously.