Why Is The Average Casual So Complacent Or Even Happy About The 30 Instance Cap

It’s not for them to decide, either. Just because they decided to limit a playstyle you personally don’t like (either intentionally or incidentally) doesn’t mean everyone suddenly thinks 30 instances a day is fine.

What’s “fine” is up to each individual to decide. Some people might be fine with 30 a day; others might not be.

You’d make a great brown shirt.

And we have jumped the shark at this point. Comparing instance caps to brown shirts.

1 Like

Lmao, my thoughts exactly. was funny tho.

Right?

It turns out Anne Frank was hiding from the blizzard ban wave while trying to do 35 runs a day.

1 Like

Holy crap… You are literally equating a cap on instance IDs to literally being massacred as a minority.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

And now you’ve gone full Third Reich
:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

These are just arbitrary rules Blizzard imposes, just like you’re only allowed to do Molten Core once per week. Why not whinge about not being able to do MC multiple times per week?

Frankly, I hate the boost plague on Classic. I think the better approach is to base XP based on the highest level toon in the group.

1 Like

Are you really just mad about having to farm MCPs and how that affects your experience?

WoW is life for some people :frowning: it’s sad

1 Like

Because I’m just a casual player that doesn’t care about the change. To me WoW is just a game and nothing more. I might do an instance here and there but I get bored with them very fast so me even coming close to reaching the max isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

The 5 run per hour cap says yes.

Hey I am pretty good at soccer D=

I will never be the best or have the most gold in WOW and that is OK by me.

I do not have any interest in what anyone else does in WoW until it affects me.

Get sweaty all you want but when it makes what I need to buy to expensive or makes people think that my contribution to a raid is inferior to the point where they wont take me, I am all for the leveling of the playing field.

One thing I know is that sweaty try hards and bots will always find a way. Stop leaning on the instance crutch and find some other mechanics to exploit.

Yeah, that may actually make sense. Like, “We intentionally designed the game to have drop rate limits on some items that make them difficult to get. Being able to spam instances repeatedly to the extent that some people are in Classic is considered exploitative.”

If they actually stated that, then I think we could say, “Meh. OK. That sucks for the people who put off spam running to farm that item, but at least we have an understanding of what the intent of the change was.”

Thats not how it should work. You get more if you put in more. Your view of how it should be would completely devalue everything in the game and for the sole purpose so you can afford stuff or not feel left behind. Pretty weak reason still.

1 Like

Because they will never encounter said limit.

And if you don’t ever encounter it the change is actually beneficial to us.

Hell, the change is being massively beneficial to me and I’ve farmed over 12k gold in Dire Maul East. It only affects maybe one every one thousand players negatively.

Well… except for boosted players.

Because that’s how it was in vanilla. I don’t want any changes, so even though I dislike the weekly raid limit, I’d NEVER ask to have it removed in Classic.

I have complained about the weekly raid limitation in retail where changes are welcome, though. Personally, I don’t think people should be limited arbitrarily. If people want to raid multiple times a week, I don’t see why not.

Granted, I’d design the game different with that in mind. Just removing that cap and changing nothing else could cause problems.

I hate the casual plague on Classic. Do we limit your playstyle now because I don’t like it?

Or maybe you play how you want and I play how I want?

Nope. I don’t play my Druid anymore, and even before I rerolled, I wasn’t playing Feral.

The change doesn’t even affect me (I earn my gold through the AH, not instance farming), but I’m able to recognize it’s a terrible change nonetheless.

1 Like

They put in more by having the gold to invest in the service.

1 Like

Meh. It affects maybe one every 1000 players but those are SUPER loud. I don’t care.

Same thing with the solo queue experience in battlegrounds, yeah, some people are getting graveyard farmed but they are a tiny fraction of the PvP playerbase and they aren’t playing the game as it is supposed to be played anyway.

Then you were not playing to your :dizzy: potential :dizzy:
/s

Huh, so with all the gold floating around, someone tossing gold at getting their alts boosted is putting in more than traditional levelers?

That’s an interesting perspective, though not one I would agree with. It seems like a retail mindset to cater to lazy people who would rather through cash or gold at something… I wouldn’t call that effort at all.