Why is the Alliance around

Being a Nightelf, yes it really feels like family I have to say.
Like when my father left and refused to pay even a cent in child support and even sued my mom over it. When she had to work 13h a day to get us a a home and food and when I had to somehow look after my sister and do our meals because my mom had to work all day.

So in that case… I realy feel home within the alliance family

2 Likes

First, I found the interview. https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/15/18183772/wow-battle-for-azeroth-alliance-tides-of-vengeance#comments

Second, I have said multiple times, the Alliance and Horde are more similar then they both like to admit. That is by design I think.

Think about it, the Horde was suppose to be the faction of misfits and outcast. Look at the Alliance now, it has those misfits(Dark Irons) and outcast(void elves).
There are those in the Horde who like to keep certain traditions alive.(like the shamanism of the orcs, trolls, taurens)

More like a petulant child who cant understand why their dad has to go to work and leave them for months on end because he is trying his best to provided a better life for them.

2 Likes

Nope.
Not really.

2 Likes

Yes, really. It wasn’t even that Anduin was never going to help the night elves get back Darkshore, he just wanted to do it AFTER Zandalar was attacked, you know the point in the story where after that happened the Alliance was literally weeks from winning the war?

5 Likes

Huh? I don’t get it. Didn’t Anduin tell the nelfs to take a back seat at the end of the war campaign when they demanded action? Did they accuse him of not caring for their interests?

Either I’m stupid and complete misunderstanding your metaphor or… idk just stupid.

Nope.

Actually yes:
Maiev and Tyrande did basically that ingame.

1 Like

Okay, yeah, then I guess I misunderstood.

My sympathies to Anduin for not being able to juggle everyone’s favor, but I’m with the nelfs. They should ask for a divorce.

2 Likes

Yes and we’ll get half of stormwin, half of Shalamayne and half of that Varian statue.

2 Likes

yeah, its easier to write one faction than two. so they just make one and copy paste it over to make two

1 Like

That…was really assy of you to say.

6 Likes

I am tired of the night elven fans pity party. I still symphasize with what happened to their particular race but taking it out on the faction that has done its best to help them when clearly Tyrande was being unreasonable/not thinking logically asking the Alliance to attack dark shore feels like a repeat of the whole “high elves leave the Alliance” plotline. Except due to the very nature of WoW wont actually happen. I honestly expect the night elves/Alliance will settle their difference(without a civil war) in a expansion or two.

Plus, I am not fond of being emotionally blackmail into stopping an argument.(if she did have such a life I am sorry she experienced that, but using that to win to an internet argument seems like a low blow).

Or you know another argument to be made about how petty the faction conflict can be at time. While Blizzard will certainly inflame the faction conflict because it does sell/ignites their player base passion for the game, I am pretty sure they know how petty it is and totally detrimental when both faction are essentially “heroes” anyway. It is part of what makes the faction conflict even more tragic.

6 Likes

or blizzard has gotten really lazy, and is just copy pasting factions and stories.

in a expansion the previous warchief after being dethroned in the previous expansion flees to another reality where the players give chase into that new reality.

did i just describe shadowlands or wod? i wouldnt be surprised if the end of shadowlands ends with the jailor saying “the shadowlands is free!”. even the shadowlands prepatch is a copy paste from the wrath prepatch with the whole zombie invasion.

2 Likes

Or another one of Warcraft constant thematicism. That everything in WoW is a cycle. An entire argument can be made that MoP’s storyline is just Warcraft 1-3 repeating itself.

Cycles can repeat(hell super hero stories generally go though cycles) but as long as setting, characters, and maybe a twist or two that is different is added I think it can still be a fun ride.

I’ts ok. I just assume you are a horrible person and basically part of what is wrong in the world.
I gave up pretending there is allways a reason some people are just butts. Some people just chose to be.

2 Likes

all that tells me is blizzard have no more originality if they have to keep repeating the same stories over and over, after shadowlands the wod 2.0 is over are we going to get a legion 2.0? and then right back to mop 3.0?

(Commentary): Unit Exacitor once saw an explanation for the difference he rather liked. “The Alliance is that well-to-do family where the kids have married, got homes of their own, visit from time to time, get together for the holidays or a sunday lunch, etc… while the Horde is that family that just spontaneously happens in a boarding house, no one is related to one another, but they all live in the same building and help one another out even if they don’t like one another.”

5 Likes

Think what you want. But playing the victim card when everyone in WoW is constantly victimized shows a lack of prespective in my opinion.

A theme repeating doesnt mean the story is suddenly predictable. I doubt any of us know with 100% how Shadowlands ends.

Using Life is Strange 2 as an example(because I just finish it but damn did it hit me in the feels). Knowing that the ending will be bittersweet based on how every game in the series ended didn’t mean the ending would be less emotional.

Conversely, knowing we will all be having anothet faction war again someday(count on it) doesnt mean it will be less interesting/emotional to find out how it start or how it affects the world.

3 Likes

You show a lack of basic empathy in my opinion. So here we are.

4 Likes

really, going back to bfa, so many of the events that happened in bfa happened in mop, they simply copy pasted it over,

both start with the destruction of an alliance stronghold in kalimdor ordered by a new warchief that became warchief in the previous expansion, horde leaders start to question the warchief and begin forming a rebellion that is alliance backed, which leads to the warchief being dethroned and ultimately getting away

the only difference is garrosh escaped in a book during the trial, and sylvanas escaped in game after the duel.

to be fair bfa continues past that point, but up until 8.2.5 its the same thing

6 Likes

The only reason BfA continues is because they bring the faction conflict to an end to focus on N’zoth as if he was the face of the expansion.

MoP at least had the courtesy to keep the focus on Garrosh being the villain and not randomly shove Y’shaarj into the spotlight.

1 Like