Why is the Alliance around

Since the Truce between the Horde and Alliance has been arranged why does the Alliance a group made to defend the Lands of the kingdoms that make up the Alliance still remain??? If the stay of the azeroth is similar to the state of Azeroth after the 2nd war and some groups don’t feel like the Alliance is working to their benefit, why don’t they just leave and go on their own to attack those groups (i’m looking at you Night elves.) it’s not like they need the Alliance or the Alliance needs them. As it is the Kingdom of Stormwind is wasting money on the refugees of Darnasses and Gilneas who want their homes back. I know Anduin is a kid in terms of politics and has been shown to be anything but smart when it comes to the other races problems, but does he not even know about his own races problems of taking in refugees and caring for them? Why do some of the groups stay with the Alliance when there is no need for them to stay if the Alliance is holding them back???

The Alliance after the Second War had conclusively beaten the Horde and was ostensibly free of threats, so could return to its pre-war status quo without much difficulty.

The Alliance after the Fourth War has a temporary armistice with the Horde, so there’s value in maintaining that defensive pact as the Horde could resume hostilities at any time. The night elves themselves can’t solo the Kalimdor Horde so it’s not so much the Alliance is holding them back as it is not supporting them in continuing the war (which they may not even want - Tyrande seems focused on punishing Sylvanas rather than the average grunt).

12 Likes

Because the Horde isn’t the only threat to the kingdoms that make up the Alliance?

Also…we can’t be trusted.

17 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see the major threats that the Horde and other races can’t handle without being part of the Alliance. Each group of the Alliance besides the Void elves and mechagon have their own armies. Also the whole you all can’t be trusted is true but with how it sounds on the Alliance side some of them do trust you or the majority does, if not how did a armistice get passed?

1 Like

Yep, this pretty much covers it.

1 Like

Would you trust the Horde to keep its promises? The wise man offers one hand and arms the other as Grunt puts it.

5 Likes

Because the alternative was to keep fighting until we were all dead.

You’re basically just crossing your fingers, ignoring history, and hoping for the best.

The Alliance is more than just a military one. It is just as much an economic and even cultural one.(literally every race is in Stormwind and I expect various travellers to the other capitals) Sharing the same value and attempt to make the world a better place.

I think even Danuser said it was just as much a family. Literal blood brothers at this point.

4 Likes

Unless you’re Night Elves.

9 Likes

Ah yes, because the Alliance literally didnt spend years sending aid to Warsong Gulch, building a road from Theramore and taking part of the Barrens. The only reason Garrosh bombed Theramore(and everyone sent to defend it) was so no one could reinforce the Night elves quickly.

Nevermind that if the Alliance didnt focus its efforts keeping Stormgarde and lost it the Horde could literally stream into the Alliance heartlands and attack the civilian population of every race sans Draenei(which included night elves) or that focusing on the Siege of Zandalar was the key step to having nearly assured victory(without Azshara little trap the Alliance was weeks away from total victory).

8 Likes

“I have an army so I don’t need other bigger armies to help me and should go it alone”

Other than pride, I don’t really understand what any race would get out of leaving at this point. The kaldorei would be absolutely screwed standing alone against the Horde, given that they now include powerhouses like Zandalar and Suramar and are still based at the doorstep to Ashenvale.

1 Like

I’m just saying recent politics have made it so the Night Elves have little reason to feel like part of the family given the armistice was unconditional. They might have treated them right in the past but recently not so much.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind this game becoming 4 factions, along the lines of WC3

Alliance
Horde
Forsaken
Night Eleves

8 Likes

You’re not wrong! We still never found out what went into the Night Elves joining the Alliance in the first place or what that moment was like. I hope that future plotlines develop that relationship.

Of course, given how the story is handled, Tyrande will probably go crazy and get murdered by us only for Shandris to take over and be as close to the Alliance as ever without the mend feeling earned.

2 Likes

Strength in numbers.

The Horde is a major player on Azeroth but there are plenty of cults, monsters and other factions that would be itching for a strong foothold wherever they could get it.

And we can’t be everywhere at once.

1 Like

If Shandris got involved we’d probably start hanging up pictures of Anduin everywhere like it was North Korea.

5 Likes

This would probably stop a lot of the arguing that happens on the forum

Could some in the night elves harbor hatred/dislike over how it all went down? Sure, BUT as shown by the various epilogue flavor texts by NPCs there are plenty of diverse opinions. Like for example, one of the night elves(a male) is quite grateful for the humans who gave him a home. Another of the sentinels is just tired of the fighting and just wants to rebuild. We saw some of the dwarves arguing about how Anduin was too soft/border on treason but the other dwarf said Anduin would not jail him for it because he is a good king.

3 Likes

I like this idea and allways have thought about it.

I mean for PvP purpose they could leave the Alliance/Horde theme on, like Warmode is also some kind of … pvp gameplay feature disconnected from the story.

But the story would benefit from factions splitting up so they can get individual development.

NEs + Worgen + Draenei
Dwarves + Humans + Gnomes + Voidelves

Forsaken + Bloodelves + Nightborne
Rest of the Horde.

In that case the horde could develop more into the savage faction, the Alliance into the noble one.

NEs*Worgen could mor edevelop into the nature faction while Bloodelves+Forsaken could start to develop into a more noble shunning the horde one or so…

Sigh … it never happens sadly .

2 Likes

I. E. The WC3-era Horde.

Funny how the Alliance keeps taking ideas from the Horde.

7 Likes