Why Is Striving For Exellence Looked Down Upon In GD?

Explain this analogy for me. Are Mythic raider’s expecting you to play without talents, or something?

1 Like

/tagteamhighfive

1 Like

exactly this

1 Like

Seriously, who is saying this, though? I mean as a real thing, not an “Asmongold goofs around on Twitch” thing.

nobody. Its an over exaggeration at best

2 Likes

you see it when pugging a lot

if you don’t pug much, maybe you’re not seeing it

or you’re just putting on the blinders or agree with them

Are you pugging with elite players?

At what level does this happen?

1 Like

I can give you the definition of a metaphor, but I don’t think that would help.

I have to say I agree with making Benthic not work in the raid, as this isn’t a nerf to me. As a casual I disagree with the rest of the post because that is a nerf to me. If raiders are feeling forced to do activities designed for others because its potentially only 1% more effective, then I will always default back to the fact that it’s just a feeling. They are not forced to do it, and if they do it anyway then they cannot blame anyone else. There has to be systems for others, and everyone has the right to defend their system.

2 Likes

I wish that were the case

1 Like

I’m asking you, straight up, “How are elite players asking you to handicap yourself?”

Yeah it’s not as bad as people are claiming it to be. It’s been reported to Oblivion already

it’s usually higher difficulty player doing lower tier content for some reason, or one of those players running up an alt

buddy you run into it in almost every kind of matchmade activity. LFR has them in almost every group, ripping into everyone.

you get it on non-matchmade activities as well but less so because those types of players try to filter out casual players

Ok maybe the you fail at life part is an exaggeration lol, but just about anybody will tell you that they have run into an top player that looks down on people that doesn’t do as well as they do.

also I never watch Asmon so it has nothing to do with what I said

Yeah I saw that. I mean the only thing I could see that may set people off is the title. I will admit I was ready to go guns blazing from the title… BUT even when a title annoys me I still read the contents of the actual post and I saw that based on the post the title probably meant effectively “my last week”.

Two way road. Just look at this thread. There are those that mock those that do more too

Here’s the thing: I really doubt these are top players.

These aren’t people who are at the top of the ladder, making fun of people at the bottom; these are people who are one-rung above bottom (or you, at least… I don’t want to assume your performance), talking **** because they can’t move up.

This isn’t an “elite” problem; this is a “tiny Johnson” problem.

Fair enough.

1 Like

Oh definitely you are right about this.

I don’t mock anyone for doing better, I say more power to them.

buddy almost every thread complaining about ‘toxic’ players is complaining about burnt out sweaty tryhards or straight up trolling players

there ain’t many threads complaining about ‘toxic casuals’ but there are lots of sweaty tryhard threads putting them down

I love how much you prove the op right