Why is Sap not melee range?

Sorry, my post was misleading, I’m curious what the range is. I found the CD of spectral sight on wowhead but it didnt list the range.

I think it’s like 100 yards but only practical within 40 or whatever their glaive toss ability is.

Spectral sight is sight, it counter acts two abilities in the game, stealth (which seems over power with rogues hitting 20k+ openers) and invis oh yea and camo. Dap can literally shut down any class in the game and its spamable. Really DHs should technically be immune to blind I suppose if we want to get into it, I got no eyes man!

3 Likes

Listen, buckaroo. When you’re the absolute arbiter of all that’s holy within a world that’s on the brink of decimation without there ever being a break in between the chaos and terror, you’re imbued with certain gifts that make you a champion to be reckoned with.

Without my bubble there wouldn’t be a turnip farmer in Azeroth that could fill a cart to take to market without being murdered by a ghoul, or having some gibbering Alliance tax man coming by to take Anduin’s share.

End. Of. Story.

3 Likes

when was this? my classic mage has that minus the 2 blinks, but the 1 I do have breaks stuns.

I didnt know they had barriers back then my bad. No cauterize and double block though right? Ring or frost? Definitely no poly to GPy… or 3 fire blasts not on the GDC that proc instant pyros?

You’re a Tauren pally, you get a pass

1 Like

I totally agree with this, Rogues are already so strong, ranged sap on top of EVERYTHING ELSE they have really just removes the option for any counter play. There should be
some sort of tradeoff for using sap at range. Kinda like there should be a tradeoff for paladins who are immune with bubble and still smacking you for 17k.

xD

1 Like

What would you be willing to give up to have Sap removed?

What would you be willing to replace Sap with?

Bring back 50% damage while bubbled.

3 Likes

I’ll take dumb takes for 500 Alex

1 Like

double block is a frost thing they have always had, and they have never had cauterize. They had like 4 barriers back then too. And they had frostbite which gave all chill effects a chance to root for 5 seconds.

I dont think it needs to be removed just make it melee range, adds a bit of flavour you have a bit of a chance to get caught while you’re doing it.

Even if they did 30% but I dont think people that the pallys BoP should be able to attack like back in the day when you had to cancel aura it rather then just free wheeling in it.

Yea it’s more the poly spam to ring of frost to insane instant damage from fire. I know Insta pyros weren’t a thing unless you spec into arcane for PoM/pyro build that may have even been BC.

Wait! What? Poly doesn’t have a cooldown? Do Demon Hunters have some power that is instant with no cool down? For being as useless as we are, it sure does seem that we should have some defensives.

DHs definitely got a much need nerf this expansion but here is one that I don’t get that they haven’t laid on rogues yet. Darkness 30% chance to avoid all damage unless i take a pvp talent makes it go to 70%. Why not do this with evasion? Or just tone down evasion to like 70% chance to dodge that’s already a lot and it last for 12 seconds! You know how many classes heal off of hitting someone, that ability alone gimps alot of melee not only out of damage but out of healing as well. On top of that they can be 100% immune to magic and if both of these 100% immunities fail they can vanish and reset…

Because all the devs play those classes. They do not have a dev for every class trying to make them all better.
Imagine if Rogues stealth was a 1 min CD, or Mage poly was 30 sec CD and they had to aim it, or if Pally could only dance around during bubble. Imagine the amount of tears you would see on the forums.

2 Likes

in your bag.

1 Like

Not sure how that makes sense. Rogues can get into melee range to use CS and KS, right? Why should sap be any different?

1 Like