Why is rogue so squishy?

I was Leveling and gearing my outlaw rogue and it was an awful experience compared to my Fury warrior.

Is outlaw rogue that squishy that It can’t stand foe to foe against warrior for example or something i am doing bad?

When I join to a random bg or if I fight an elite or a group of 5 mobs, I got in trouble and if My vanish is on cooldown, then game over.

I really like the outlaw rogue fantasy it’s like Fury warrior but with more agility and mobility and I really want to be good in it but always I get better results un My warrior or paladin

A few things. Fury has healing baked into its standard attack. Not much, but enough. Rogue gets a heal every 30 seconds. Assuming you have the energy.

Fury also wears plate. Rogue wears leather. Plate has a higher armor rating and thus, reduces more damage.

Rogues aren’t meant to face tank mobs. You’ve got a lot of tools at your fingertips to help with that. Stuns, disorients, stealth, incapacitates.

You weren’t meant to go toe to toe. Gouge, Blind, Sap, Between the Eyes, Cheap Shot. Use them all :slight_smile:

Then rogue should have a “toe to toe” spec like fury warrior. Maybe warrior is for me but it is not mobile enough to satisfy my playstyle

Try ww monk or dh if that’s what you are looking for

1 Like
  • WW Monk does not use his weapons and it turn me of a lot. If WW was able to use weapons, I would not hesitate to use it instead my rogue.

• Demon hunter just no! I hate them starting from their lore as emo edgelords haha. And it’s rotation is so simple and boring

I Guess I am screwed and I will have to use warriors even if it not fullfill my game fantasy completly

1 Like

Another thing to take into account, is while you’re leveling and especially as soon as you hit max level, you’re “under geared”.

Once you get about 400 ilvl, you’ll be able to go toe to toe with 4-5 mobs at a time. Especially with Blade Furry active.

But part of that fantasy you like/want is realizing that plate is the strongest armor, then mail, then leather, and finally cloth. Hit for hit, you’re going to take more damage than a Warrior.

Edit: Rogues get 1 Sprint. Warrior can get 2 charges and 2 heroic leaps. What’s your definition of “mobile” ?

1 Like

Rogue is much more Mobile whan warrior. I feel warrior is quite slow actually.
Rogue has more than You have mentioned:

1. 15% pasive movement speed increase(flee Footed) + 15% vía hit and run. Total 30%. This is a huge difference
  2. Graphling Hook every 1 min
  3. Sprint every 1 min plus reduction pero combo spent

Ah yeah I did forget about the grappling hook lol - I don’t play Outlaw so /shrug

But still - 2 leaps with warrior and 2 charges go a long way as well - I just think it’s the bulky armor that makes them seem slow - I’ve never fallen behind on my warrior

Rogue’s have one of the easiest rotations in the game. A level 120 HDH has more rotational abilities than a Rogue outside of cooldowns.

pistol shot is your friend here
i think outlaw is strong 1v1, but in BGs & arenas you do get eliminated the fastest esp on cd.

Are You serious? XD

8 Likes

You’re just bad.

Stealth->opener->builders->finisher. Weave a stun in there somewhere and mobs should die before they un-stun.

If you’re taking more damage than you can heal with recuperate you’re doing it wrong or your weapons suck.

If you’re having trouble leveling as outlaw, you’re probably either not rolling the bones enough, or you’re rolling them too much. There’s a sweet spot for leveling that you’re obviously missing since you’re here QQing.

And if outlaw is too hard for you, go assassination and take the leeching poison talent.

3 Likes

:laughing:

Whot…

They do, it’s called Outlaw.

Also warrior has plenty of mobility…

You can not play any Rogue spec like a Fury Warrior. You have to use your stuns and hit and run tactics. /end

2 Likes

Because it’s a rogue. Jesus, people… RPG basics.

2 Likes

Use to be the old combat spec lol. But pruned for PEW PEW PEW pirate spec.

1 Like

DH wear leather yet its like their wearing plate.

2 Likes

Bc they have blur on a 1 min cd and have a lot of leech

1 Like

This right here. I try to save my stuns for when they pop Meta because going toe to toe with them when they hve like 30% leech is rough.

1 Like