Why is rogue so squishy?

The answer is that rogues do not fit into the game design or simply they are designed wrong for PVE.

Boss mobs ignore stuns. Rogues depend on them quite a bit. So… yeah…

BORKEN (that is on purpose)

This should be a sticky on this forum lol.

Sounds like a case of being a bad rogue to me

DH is the melee version of Huntard. The most brainless class in the game.

There are 3 plate wearing classes that can tank.
There are also 3 leather wearing classes that can tank.

To be good at rogue you have to play their style. I’m personally still learning it and I find it pretty rewarding and fun.

1 Like

Have to kite them like they are a Blood DK and force them to blow CDs. Pump all of your damage when they are stunned in meta is the best way. With leach and PVE tank trinkets going toe to toe with a DH is a no go in BFA.

Rogue was one of my worst experiences leveling a char (I think the only thing worse was shadow priest). Many of the class mechanics imho don’t cater to lvling r (examples are low armor, low energy regen, buffs fall off fairly quickly between quests, low self healing etc). On the flipside they are fantastic at 120, so I think the reward is worth it. I guess this is why dungeons and skirms were invented.

Reasons to die while playing rogue in PVE:

1. Mistakes were made
  2. In grouped content, last man standing
2 Likes

I have to agree. I don’t play my Rogue anymore. DPS is ok, but man. I am just not good enough player to stay alive. It wasn’t ever this bad until this expansion. Just too many other classes that are easier for my old butt to play. Now, they may still be the cats meow in pvp. I don’t pvp so not sure.

how are you dying in pve? Are you talking in like 5 mans, or solo play? Anytime you get in over your head, you can vanish, blind, evasion, cloak, sprint away etc…

I’m just not sure how you die in pve as a rogue tbh. Have you tried outlaw? You can get 82% heal over 6 seconds with two vials. It’s survives a lot.

1 Like

From the Blizzard website:

Outlaw

A ruthless fugitive who uses agility and guile to stand toe-to-toe with enemies. Preferred Weapons: Axes, Maces, Swords, Fist Weapons

Huh, toe-to-toe…

1 Like

Plunder Armor, Dismantle, Crimson Vial (x2), Riposte, Gouge, Between the Eyes, Cheap Shot, Blind, Vanish.

Maybe try some of those?

1 Like

When Blizz pruned Rogues and other classes they thought they made it easier for new players or inexperienced players so they could instead focus on PVE mechanics.

But what ended up happening is that it made it harder on new players to play classes. This is because with fewer CDs you have to make harder choices and decisions.

So what happened was the pruning lowered the ceiling of the Rogue class which makes it boring for veteran players while raising the floor which makes it harder for newbies.

So Rogues went from easy to learn and hard to master to something else.

No more Combat Readiness, or Prep or Recuperate and glyphs to bail new players out as they level the Rogue class.

If a newbie player doesn’t know how to stunlock, CC or stagger the few defensive CDs they are going to have a hard time playing Rogue.