Why is rio viewed as toxic?

Well considering how infamous the wow community is in other mmos, and even Blizzard is starting to slowly starting to understand this as well. I’m hoping they will start limiting pug powers. And refocus on guilds.

I see so many people in 1-2 person guilds because they don’t need to join bigger ones. When Group Finder replaces guilds.

A WHOLE lot of people are buying carries. If they weren’t, than it would be as big business as it is.

Raider IO, is not even worth much with the ability to buy carries. Honestly Banning carries would be a MUCH better start than banning RIO.

1 Like

You can’t claim that 4 isn’t the answer to 2+2 just because that’s what others say.

It is demonstrably possible to progress in M+ by making your own group

2 Likes

About as much bs as someone saying they make groups all the time fast with group finder with a low score.

To be fair, most of your posts do too.

no don’t you know it takes “hours” to fill a m+ group

3 Likes

Ok? Thats an irrelevant statistic.

A better argument would be to cite a percentage of players with an achievement that takes equal time to AOTC that is not progression based, otherwise you have only shown people boosted a character and never played much.

Wall of text and blatant bait question 0/10

Srsly. How many threads do we need? Maybe we can have a forum section for this kind of stuff?

2 Likes

We do! its called general chat!

Welcome.

I didnt say Characters, I said ACCOUNTS. WOWHEAD has the Achievement Tracker, it Tracks ACCOUNTS with a Max level Character.

20% of Accounts that have at least 1 120, have AOTC for 8.3

Alright want to know why? Because I seen the posts of people saying they had trouble with it for awhile, and I saw the forums use the same excuses. Telling them to get a guild to help get score up blah blah.

My point is, This community blows, so ya I think i will take the words of people who said they having a problem, over the people saying they did it. Only because I see first hand how bad this community is.

LOL big business? Selling carries is super not worth. Maybe for the owners of Gallywix, but for the most part, you make a lot more money just streaming content than you ever would selling keys.

This is why all the top players don’t sell runs. It is a poor use of their time.

I used to sell carries, then this tier I got a new job, moved, quit raiding, and now have limited time to play. When I have a bit of free time, I’m not logging in to carry some scrubs for a 50k split.

If only 99.5% of the players weren’t out buying carries!

4 Likes

we went through a week or so where everyone was distracted with other stuff, and there were very few m+ whinethreads on the forums.

it was kind of nice…but boring

It may be toxic but we need it until we have a better option.
I still don’t know how my rogue having 2600 score doesn’t get invited to the weekly +15, glad I left this game

1 Like

You dont need a guild to get your score up.

2 Likes

It is the other way around. It needs to be nerfed, and more people start using guilds for grouping, instead of group finder replacing guilds.

1 Like

You need to join a carry group and take a split.

So you never tried it?

There’s bad folks, but the community as a whole isn’t. That’s just a poor attitude of others.

Maybe the leader is afk, maybe they don’t want mele, maybe you have a stupid name, maybe your character is on Azralon or Ragnaros.

There are many reasons you could not be invited not related to score.