Why is ret so bad in timewalking

people that i totally demolish in a raid/mythic+ environment, steamroll me in timewalking dungeons. makes me dread running that trash.

Do you have TW gear?

like with more gem slots? no just regular ole raiding gear.

Some people use legion legendaries in there.

Legion legondaires/shadowmounre/Wod Legendary ring/MoP legendary cloak and so on

Also some old trinkets are very good aswell.

but the dudes im with arent doing that. how is it that i lay waste to them in raid and in timewalking its just nerfed to hell? i feel like our templates are off or something. im not complaining about low damage, just wondering why every class scales differently.

Haste scales extremely poorly in TW, so you’ll notice significantly longer cds for your abilities. Since ret is SO dependent on haste, we aren’t able to go through our rotation as quickly as normal. Changing your talents or, as others have noted, using “timewalking gear” like old legendaries, can help alleviate this a little.

1 Like

Ret is not dependent on Haste at all. This is not the case.

When I do Timewalking I don’t have the issues that you experience of being much lower in DPS compared to everyone else. It’s not like it is challenging content though.

2 Likes

It’s literally our most important stat.

3 Likes

Please show me where this is. It is literally not our most important stat.

2 Likes

icy-veins.c om/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-stat-priority

The generic stat priority is as follows:

1. Strength;
  2. Haste;
  3. Critical Strike ~= Versatility ~= Mastery.

Other then strength, which is obviously better, haste is best until you reach certain gear levels. How haste scales for ret with timewalking seems undertuned, leading to significantly longer cooldowns in the regular rotation.

Icy Veins is wrong in this case. You can consult another guide such as WowHead or my own guide below. Any guide that tells you stat weights or that gives a stat prioirty is misleading.

https://www.retpaladin.xyz/ret-paladin-8-1-0-pve-guide

4 Likes

Haste has been tops stat for ages stop trolling

6 Likes

I’m not trolling. I provided additional resources that corroborate what I have said. Please show me something that is not anecdotal evidence if you want to be taken seriously. The game has far evolved from stat weights. You need to catch up with the times and stop holding onto relics. And if you really want to use the arguments of stat weights go to Raidbots and sim your character. Here is mine for example. But stat weights are still an invalid metric.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6QYGNQmycupXJHHUuj6P2u

3 Likes

Believe it or not mastery usually wins out in ret. Though no one believes it. Haste is a comfort thing for pallies in any spec. Haste gets the…glory I guess because it does increase your dmg. Just not as much as mastery/crit

The Basics of Stats for Retribution Paladin. Strength ; Haste ; Critical Strike ~= Versatility ~= Mastery . here is the best

i not only looked at your site but 6 other sites and the 6>1 says haste and ill stick with haste and i also recommend other ret pallys doing the same…

1 Like

Then you’re choosing to give bad advice. For example here is your own character. Maybe my eyes are bad but it says “Critical Strike > Strength > Haste > Versatility > Mastery” on my screen. Stat weights are still a useless metric though. Azerite, Trinkets, Talents and overall gear stat distribution play a large factor in determining what provides the most benefit for you character. Stat Weights do not account for this. Simming different gear combinations does.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/v3y6hypYVgbs1xDN2uGFCJ

4 Likes

My gear is a mismatch of crap iv collected through a xpac i dont enjoy… so what you are telling me that the other 6 sites are wrong and you are right? i doubt that… i mean you are a mythic raider and have a high IL but i think ill take the advice of players and sites that prolly been around longer than you… no offence i hope is taken but you are also giving bad advice because when azurite gear goes away in 8.2 that wont be a factor anymore… i also read a part that says gear distribution so if you had a choice of a 410IL Haste or a 410il mastery you would choose mastery? not another choice no clue on what the other gear is just 1 piece

Hi! Wowhead Retribution guide writer here just popping in to point out stat priority is indeed a relic.
I’m also curious to see what “6 sites” you’re talking about. It’s true IV has a stat priority but even IV says you should be simming. The other site that has it is noxxic and…lol.

Stat priorities are there to offer a REALLY vague idea to people who cant/wont sim themselves. If that’s the route you choose that’s fine but please don’t try to tout haste as our top stat. That’s simply not true. There’s plenty of examples of traits/talent choices that would make that stat priority completely suboptimal.

And for anecdotal evidence, Strength has been my worse stat for the majority of this expansion.

6 Likes