Why is resurrection sickness still a thing?

SWTOR had a mechanic (I think) that let you either Rez at your corpse, or at the nearest town you checked into. It was an interesting mechanic and had enough of a cool down where it didn’t feel game-breaking.

FFXIV just has you rez at your home point if there isn’t anybody around to rez you. Then again, that game has teleports.

Ten minutes wasn’t too bad back when we had other things to do with the time, like useful professions to level.

I like the resurrection sickness penalty. Makes you think long and hard before doing it.

Don’t remember the last time I did it.

Also, if you’ve got multiple guys it’s not that big of a deal. Most “problems” in this game are minimized/solved by having multiple guys

Those games existed back in like the 90s… when they were inspired by table top type games like DnD. What games today punish you so much? I agree with OP. Maybe make all your armor health go to zero so we have a hefty repair bill… to me its kinda dumb to make it where you cannot play for several minutes. Blizz are hurting themselves with this mechanic. How many ppl just said fk it and have logged out and done something else bc they were upset they couldn’t play? Sometimes it’s hard or impossible to find a group for difficult quests (having that issue now on a TBC server that is 90% Alliance and no Horde are ever online)… that’s not the players’ fault… should they be so discouraged from trying to solo something difficult? Maybe group quest difficulty should scale to number of people in the party so it’s possible to solo? Idk… but it doesn’t seem right to be locked out of content, especially really fun questlines, because you can’t get a group together to do it.