Why is resurrection sickness still a thing?

A lot of dumb old mechanics have been removed or altered as the game has grown over the years, but a crippling ten minute debuff that occurs because you don’t want to run ten miles to your corpse remains? Don’t get me wrong, I think there should be a penalty of some sort for using the spirit healer… just not this.

14 Likes

The penalty is either run back to your corpse for free or pay gold and loss of gear durabilty if you don’t. Seems fair to me.

11 Likes

I like it when you fall through the map or when you die in a peculiar way and you end up having to take rez sickness at the barrens even though your body is in another part of the world.

13 Likes

It would be nice if we could fly to our corpses at the very least. :heart:

17 Likes

Because it’s an option that takes up more time.

2 Likes

Except it’s not just you losing gold. If it was just a few more gold added to your repair bill it would be sweet. As it is now it renders your character unplayable for 10min lmao. I always tab out and go to YouTube or something if I have to spirit rez.

5 Likes

I usually craft or herb/mine.

Why waste time when you can still play?

And what do you do when you run across a generic world mob?

Remember when plate wearers would have a bill that was 3x more expensive? No plate wearer took that rez sickness lol

6 Likes

My biggest annoyance is how sometimes it’s impossible to get back to your corpse because of where/how you died vs. which spirit healer you get teleported to when you die. It really helps that in some zones, you can fly back to your body. I wish they would implement this everywhere.

5 Likes

Rez sickness is good sometimes. I use it on occasion to do certain achieves and quests that I would otherwise not be able to do due to my toon being too high level.

4 Likes

It is fair, what’s not fair is making people waiting minutes because someone else is also wasting your time. I don’t know if the counter still goes up to 6 minutes, but man no one wants to wait 6 minutes to res and die again.

1 Like

This was a WotLK thing, you know when the real Blizz designed zones with flying in mind, before they decided that flying man bad

2 Likes

Ride by because I’m in tank spec and can’t be dazed…

Cyric is better.

In particular in darkshore and arathi, given that we can actually fly in those zones. :unamused:

3 Likes

We could be like certain other games and have levels taken away when you die.

Or we can be happy we just have to wait 10 minutes.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a blue response to something like this and it was “Don’t Die?”

No more calls please, we have a winner.

1 Like

i know a sneaky way around rez sickness.

Ready for it?

Got a pen and paper?

Ready?

Okay.

Run back to your corpse.

5 Likes