Why is resurrection sickness still a thing?

What would the alternative be? That we simply pop up as a ghost where our body was, then what’s the point of dying at all. Or what if we simply rez’d at a location like in a BG, then people would complain about having to run back to where they were(again), or they would get graveyard spawn camped.

Bugs aside, running back to your body should give you time to reflect on what you generally did wrong. It’s actually a pretty good system overall.

1 Like

Running back to your corpse isn’t rez sickness. I meant the ten minute wait.

1 Like

Fantastic, that’s not what you said.

The title of the thread is…?

1 Like

because skipping mobs and cheesing world encounters

Right? I don’t mind res sickness when it’s from something dumb I did. But when it’s entirely the fault of the game, like falling through the world, or getting dropped of a flying vehicle, or whatever, it ticks me right the f hell off.
So honestly, I wouldn’t complain if the the res sick mechanic were reduced or removed, but it’s usually not a big deal to me.

2 Likes

Number of times I have had an unreachable corpse per year is low single figures.
Number of times per year I have had to take rez sickness excluding the above is 1-2.

This happened to an alt I had and instead of waiting the ten minutes for the rez sickness I just logged out and have never logged into that character ever again.

Ghosts should really be able to fly. At least hover.

3 Likes

Night elf ghosts can.

Compared to EQ, the game it replaced, in which you lost levels it is not too terrible a penalty.

Maybe the 10 minutes could be reduced to 5. The cooldown on things like hearthstones, etc have been greatly reduced too.

[Why is resurrection sickness still a thing?]

This is the 1st post that uses “Why still” intelligently. OP explains that many things have changed, and OP thinks that removing this should be one of the things that was changed.

I disagree. But OP has a valid opinion.

Good feedback!

Not so fair when your corpse is somewhere you can’t reach as a ghost.

3 Likes

To penalize players who fly off old maps on Ambien.

ahem.

I’ve only done this two of three times, I swear.

Comes under amount of time played, every delay gives more time played and Blizz is happy. Besides it does make you think twice about pulling too much, taking short cuts over cliffs… dying in general.

I wouldn’t mind if they slashed it to 5 min. I agree that it basically makes you unplayable if you spirit rez, and 10min feels like eternity when you’re in the middle of a gaming session.

It also makes you much easier to corpse-camp. since the penalty is so bad that you’re compelled to head back to your body no matter what might be waiting there for you. Though I suppose there are some who would see that as a feature rather than a bug.

Time is the only actual punishment the game has.

Any other penalty would basically be no penalty.

Or another option is to die less.

Th death could be a permanent death to your character too.

Because Spirit Healer is supposed to be a last resort. The rez sickness there to deter people from using it since it takes up more time overall than running towards your corpse. I only use it when my corpse is in a very inconvenient to travel to location, like at the end of a really windy cave that I don’t even remember how to get to again.

Well then no one would ever be able to progress in raids in stuff lol. Wipes would mean that so many people would lose every character. I have to say no to that one.