Why is PvP So... Yuck?

Players don’t need skill if they have the right corruptions

Bear tanks don’t die

Vehicles in epic bgs are laughably weak

Related to the first point: gear has a massive impact on gameplay

I’m really quite sad regarding the current state of PvP. I wish we could go back to no pve item effects in instanced pvp, and having pvp gear that was always stronger than similar-level pve gear.

:cry:

46 Likes

Because blizz never really cares about pvp…just pve cause more players into pve.

15 Likes

Wow PVP without gear is just a less fun version of other games’ PVP.

The whole draw of WoW PVP is to get good gear and slay all the other people working towards good gear.

Its a delicate balance that has fallen to shambles with Blizzards gearing philosophy lately.

26 Likes

Power creep.

1 Like

Disagree. The draw of PvP (especially in WoW) is knowing your opponents’ abilities and being able to out-play them.

21 Likes

WoW isn’t really designed for PvP, in my experience most MMORPGs are poorly designed when they decide to go that route. The best you can hope for is to just enjoy the ride. If you want a more nuanced PvP experience than I highly suggest going outside the RPG genre.

2 Likes

Lol that hasnt been a thing for while now…blizz made it a simple system of dude with better gear out smashes dude with worse gear. And with out pvp specific gear stats to balance it out mythic junkies just come in and smash everyone

Blizzard not balancing PvP involving actual class balance in over a year plays a role in it, for sure. Right now, we’re living in the definition of power creep from a PvP perspective.

5 Likes

Warmode is just a mess anyway you look at it, most the normal server warmode shards are heavy horde pop so alliance just dont bother, RP realms ironically are opposite. The embalanced shards are made worse when people use group finder tool to bring more players into their shard to tip the scale in their favor.

DKs and DHs are yucky. Please remove them.

Open-world pvp being a messy circus of corruption abilities and absurd numerical advantages isn’t an issue, imho.

It’s when I join instanced pvp (including arenas) expecting to play a human and die to a void tentacle or infinite star that procs randomly that I hate. Or just being zug-zug’d by a 470 paid vision carry, that’s not fun either

7 Likes

Legion PVP disagrees. The players have spoken on this.

6 Likes

If that were the case they would have taken gear out of the equation years ago. Make a baseline, force everyone to that baseline when they zone in and see who’s the most skilled.

1 Like

They did, a couple times, then stopped doing it.

1 Like

Pvp is fiiine. just needs vendors.

yeah i was just saying warmode has its own issues, instanced honestly has been broken to me for quite a long while though.

Edit: granted alliance has never been the brightest when it comes to pvp anyway…

World PvP is great when things are bonkers with all those other abilities lol

meh, other players disagree, its mostly the large kill squad groups though,… anything else is just what wpvp always has been. Blizz just needs to break peoples ability to phase more people into a shard via group finder and clean up their code for the sharding…

as to instanced pvp, we need pvp stats back, pvp should offer its own special rewards for participating.

2 Likes

Probably because the playerbase didn’t want it. I’m sure the majority of PvPers enjoy the gear disparity. If they’re both skilled at PvP and geared, they’re unstoppable.

1 Like