Why is pvp so bad?

Can’t even enjoy trying to gear up alts for pvp. At least the comp stomp bg allowed alts to gear up and then stand a chance after farming up a full honor set. It really sucks being unable to send honor to your alts or sending pvp gear to alts. It’s all about out gearing > skill.

11 Likes

for real I’m really hoping that they do a PVP overhaul at some point.

I used comstomp to regear my warlock that I used for high-end PVP back in mists.

full set of PV gear fully upgraded.

step into arena… get stun locked for 3 seconds before I melted.

2 Likes

As long as queued pvp continues to be gear based it will be a joke.

10 Likes

/sigh, wait 10 minutes for a bg, inspect our team vs theirs and the moment “they out gear us” you know it’s 100% lost game and no chance. All morning and afternoon. UGH

4 Likes

borrowed power.

thankfully dragonflight brings back wow pvp gearing your conquest gear will be just as good as a rank 1 glads conqeust gear.

6 Likes

Yea but Dragonflight won’t be here for probably another year or something. :frowning:

2 Likes

Participation should always be the primary goal for PvP but for Blizzard, that doesn’t always seem to be the case.

make gold until dragonflight thats what im doing.

PvP is at its worst state in my entire time playing WoW, in my opinion.

I don’t necessarily mind the new fast meta, but PvP should be 90/10 skill/gear. Now it’s 90/10 gear/skill, and that doesn’t feel good at all.

5 Likes

You’re a mini game.

Because its treated by Blizzard as a mini game , I am not calling pvpers as mini gamers :rofl:

PvP talents, PvP tournaments, PvP ladders. It’s an equally important part of the game, whether people like you who don’t participate want to acknowledge that fact or not.

I’m just a trash pvp player, but why pvp gear can’t start at max pvp Ilvl and the upgrades goes just for pve item level? I get that’s a MMO should be around progression, but PvP does not fit into it.

Imagine a league game that a diamond player starts with infinite edge and a silver player starts with a doran’s ring in the same match lol.

3 Likes

I see no development or content work being done here one is an unbalanced talent tree and the other two are scoreboards . If this is what you classify as equal work then by all means Blizzard has won here :rofl:

I don’t think there should be zero gear progression since this is an mmo, but gear should represent less than 10% of player difference in PvP. The big issue with this expansion is the massive stat differences across ilvl.

You could get a full set of 9.2 pve gear from a vendor (226 I believe), and not even be able to hurt a geared player. It’s like a level 50 going up against a levle 60, and that kind of gear gap makes absolutely no sense.

1 Like

No one said equal, but reading comprehension isn’t really high on a lot of people’s skill lists here, so I guess I have to accept that and word things more plainly so everyone can understand without misinterpreting.

The game is primarily a raiding game, but it does have a thriving M+ and PvP community. Both of which aren’t primary content, but require attention. Additionally, if you didn’t see content or development, you must not have watched the recent dev interviews.

I’m not sure why people have to put their useless 2 cents in whenever they see a pvp post that clearly doesn’t pertain to them, but if you don’t have anything useful to add, you should go find something useful to do with your time.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t really value PvP. Luckily they stated they were going to adopt the WoD PvP gearing next expansion.

So you agree its a mini game , However M+ is actually doing better than pvp and is on its way to get more content.

and you also agree that Blizzard is treating it as one and needs more attention.

I do not have a problem of you asking to make pvp better but you have to acknowledge its current state.

1 Like

Too much PeeveeEee between Conduits, gear and Legendaries. And Class design and number tuning is abysmal.

2 Likes

Not equal to raiding =/= minigame.

And on its way to get more content with 4 dungeons in Dragon Isles?

Also, where did I ever fail to acknowledge PvP’s current state? Did you selectively gloss over the part where I said PvP is the worst it has ever been?