Why is Multiboxing allowed in game?

This is highly likely. Why people cant figure that out is just plain sad.

Because Blizzard gets a lot of money for it. Other than that, no reason.

It’s cheating, and against the ToS, but Blizzard pretends that it’s not since it doesn’t directly modify the game files, it just manipulates the game and cheats the system.

1 Like

I would love to hear an updated response on this from Blizzard. Everything I’ve seen is from 2006/08. No I don’t usually post on wow forums, but the multiboxing / botting / boost sales have gotten crazy this xpac. I have a Nephew that does it, he’s running 16 druids spamming 1 button for hours, pays for his 16 subs pretty quickly the rest goes to profit. Hes talking about going to 40 with the next box sale. I can’t stand the practice myself, gold is hyper inflated on anything worth a crap.

And I see lots of multibox defenders on the forums daily telling people to either turn off WM or “It doesn’t affect you, just play the game”. Well as a Herb/Alch it directly affected the crap out of me in Nazjatar. Watching a swarm of druids clean out the Nodes spawn allotment in 2 seconds sucks. And on thrall it was 24/7 atleast 2-3 groups WM off and ON. After about a month of it I just finished off my Naz mounts and never went back, wasn’t worth the time competing with that crap.

1 Like

Blizzard seems to define down the precise line of there being a human player in control or not.
As you say, its their game.
If I had say PF would be gone…raiders would get their master loot back…and the third one I cant say again without getting another suspension, lol

This support article was last updated 6 hours ago. That’s pretty recent :slight_smile:

Oh cool, thanks Perl. Not much to it really, they don’t care. But don’t support the tools used. Don’t support but not a violation either ;/. Oh well

Everyone take a couple shots.

Just another thread about multiboxing by people trying to spread misinformation and fallacies. All the usual nonsense is present.

1 Like

Agreed on all points. I am waiting for my suspension for calling Ion, Saul Goodman, from Better Call Saul.

1 Like

It’s nice to know that they are following the discussion. Won’t dissuade me from my position, but it is nice.

Yesuna is one of those multiboxers who had a large rant thread about how the practice helps the economy and some other vague pretexts about why multiboxers deserve love, so of course you’ll be met with vitriol there lul.

4 Likes

Now that we all know that…they SHOULD make it a bannable violation to keep filing false reports

1 Like

I love watching her explode and get mad at those who dislike their practice.

I’ve been given too much grief from that one.

3 Likes

It does not change my opinion. Multiboxing is cheating.

3 Likes

So I guess thats the answer here guys…
“Updated: 7 hours ago”
So this aint old news. Updated today.
Boxing apparently isnt going anywhere.

2 Likes

Another one? When does this topic get completely explored and nobody posts about it anymore? The year 2050 maybe?

Wake me up when some new insight occurs in a boxer thread…

:sleeping:

3 Likes

It sort of is. But remember, they do bring in the moolah for Blizzard.

Till enough ire is stirred and they’ll be forced to address it.

Except there’s been ire since the start and nothing has changed in fifteen years. :kissing_heart:

Eh, with a certain someone going after a certain country placing bans on anything from them one by one, Blizzard might be forced to choose between players or those sweatshops.

That’ll be hilarious.

1 Like

What does this have to do with the average American casually playing five accounts?

Assuming they’re American now are we?