Why is Multiboxing allowed in game?

There are free options available for multiboxing. You don’t have to pay a single dime.

2 Likes

:+1:

Ive repeated this in here 50 times, but one week I was ‘trying’ and made enough farming mogs and pets to buy THREE token…on ONE character. No boxing required.
I imagine if Id been boxing I could have paid for quite a few accounts over the course of a month.

Both of the replies to my post are hidden, and knowing myself, for good reason.

And multiboxing isn’t breaking the rules because its not a bot. Youre still physically playing.

Imagine posting misinformation and being proud of it.

But Blizzard is quite willing to throw out people who are breaking the rules. They could have just as easily declared that multiboxing is against the rules at any point.

They don’t allow multiboxing “because of money”, they allow it because they view it as an alternative play style.

Why would they change rules to ban people when it gets them more money? Its not because its an alternative play style. Twinking was alternative play style and they nuked that to death, why? Because it made them no extra money and people cried when they got ganked.

Because it’s a minuscule amount of money.

What do you think happened to the people who got angry and quit? They stopped giving Blizzard money.

No, it’s not viewed as an “alternative playstyle”, lmfao.

Where’s the multi-boxing mythic invitational?

The multi-box PvP tourneys? The raids races?

And yes, if you have kept up with the news at all lately, you’d know Blizzard employees are paid in free gametime and other swag, which is then taken out of their paychecks. It sucks.

Folks close to Blizz and employees within multi-box, it’s easy for them, and of course allow the company to bend the rules a bit. It doesn’t cost the employees at all.

Imagine being so uninformed and opinionated about someone else being wrong.

2 Likes

So make up your mind is it money based or defenses of alternative play styles

Explain to me how my multibox questing affects YOU in any way shape or form?

I dont AH.
I dont dungeon queue
I dont PVP.

The ONLY thing I do on my multibox account is quest by myself and sell to a vendor.

So why should I be punished because of others?

2 Likes

Here you go:

Therefore, can multiboxing be considered an exploit?

No. We consider it be an alternative playstyle; not everyone can do it, but if a person is willing to devote the concentration and capital to such a venture–legitimately–we’re perfectly fine with it. Five multiboxed accounts can be feared and CCed just like five solo accounts.

Where’s the transmog international? Where’s the worldwide fishing tournament? How about the WoW Pet Battle League?

Sure, that sucks, but it has nothing to do with the discussion regarding multiboxing.

Pot, meet kettle.

2 Likes

I… what?

I’m saying it’s not about the money. I’m also saying that the real reason that they allow it is because they view it as an alternative way to play the game.

Those are not mutually exclusive comments. Try again when you can respond to what I actually wrote instead of whatever strawman you dreamed up.

You said they got rid of thinking cause it would make people quit and make them lose money, then you saythey don’t care about multiboxing cause alternate play style and the money aspect

I said they changed twinking even though they knew it would cost them money. And they didn’t actually get rid of twinking, they just made it harder to do.

Just like they’ve previously made multiboxing harder to do with changes to BG queuing and /follow in PVP combat.

It’s not about the money. They make changes based on what they think is best for the game.

Fair points. I understand the counterargument.

To me, at least, Playing one character and having 10 or whatever other characters robotically controlled by a master cylinder is not dissimilar from botting.

But, it’s blizzard’s game, they can do what they want, and players can play their game or not.

It would make more money by insuring new players stay, new players would quit if they tried pvp and just had to face those guys all the time. And people who twink typically don’t JUST twink no one is going to quit by them removing it.

You can say multiboxing is same problem in pvp well for one theyre WAY rarer and 2 people won’t quit from having to fight a multiboxer once a month TOPS as opposed to every low lvl by being twinks at some point. And even if one or 2 quit that multiboxer makes up for it 5 fold.

If they thought the game would be better off, even slightly, without multiboxers, they would have pulled the plug a long time ago. They really do allow it as an alternative way to play the game.

It’s so that botters can’t get banned because they are actually multiboxing.

1 Like

That just so happens to give them 10x the money as a normal player. I dont think multiboxing is awful, considering most use it just to make money, we all benefit from them competing and playing the AH. But it can be awful in pvp which actively makes the game worse. Unquestionably