Why is leeway a game killer

People that didn’t play tauren warrior in vanilla are just getting jealous of tauren warrior videos and making up lies…It’s that simple

1 Like

The issue is people like to trend on the forums, every time a streamer or youtuber posts about “issues” it echoes into the forums.

Welcome to the streamer/youtuber age.

2 Likes

I suspect MOST of the hunters QQ’n are ignorant and don’t understand anything.

The “DEAD ZONE” is the distance from 5 to 8 yards where we cannot attack with melee or range weapons.

Leeway just increases our melee range in certain situations (not all), as a result it’s a buff for average and below average hunters; not a nerf.

For skilled hunters its meaningless because we will have control over the situation 98% of the time to the point where other classes are not able to fight back.

Interesting. So can you use abilities in the leeway range? I’ve seen mixed reviews that it is supposed to only be auto attacks and some others say you can use melee abilities

Hunter has Auto attack also, and contrary to what people love to imagine we’re not helpless in dead zone.

The main point against hunters on BETA is that our core class mechanics are not working, Leeway maybe working in a non-authentic way as I remember it, but it’s not game breaking for the hunter class.

The problem we have is that things like FD are simply not working correctly at all; additionally our pet AI is not the original Vanilla pet AI and is not working properly at all.

The Vanilla pet AI was bad, but this one they have here is the same on from BFA and entirely different.

Example being, if a mage sheeps a target, then the pet will instantly stop attack; while this is a nice feature, it’s a crutch for bad players and not authentic at all what so ever.

There are many other problems for hunter mechanics, these are only a few glaring issues that would turn me off if they’re not fixed before launch.

1 Like

Ah. Good to know. Yea I remember in vanilla when I was learning hunter I’d often ruin my own freezing trap by not turning my pet off or I’d break people’s sheep lol. It was another level of focus. I was on the fence about hunter being the other class I level but the more I see about how they are on beta the more I think that it could be not worth while initially.

1 Like

I suspect that with a little time Blizzard’s Classic WoW team will bake out all the imperfections of the BETA and everything will be truly authentic as it was in Vanilla.

Will that happen on launch day? That is where I have my doubts, but if you’re willing to play a class that’s not exactly complete on launch day… well…

That’s kinda authentic in it’s on way because we were a little busted on launch day in actual vanilla, so in a sense it’s sorta authentic even tho it’s not.

/shrug the imperfections have been shown, it’s a system tuned for 2004 internet connections.

I’m seeing casters excel over melee on the Beta even with leeway. The main difference between 40 and 60 will be that Warriors become God-tier broken with gear. Given the fact that there will undoubtedly be several warriors, perhaps the doomers are fearfully anticipating their dominance, which will be pushed way over the edge with leeway.

Hunters, I’m so sorry for your loss, but at least you still have viper sting.

1 Like

I had an outstanding connection in Vanilla at roughly 36ms.

Today I still have an outstanding connection to Blizzard at 28ms.

It really does not get a lot better than that unless you’re next door to Blizzard with a LAN direct connection…

The way Leeway is shown in video does not appear to play the same in the BETA as I remember it in Vanilla.

The same could be said for Spell batching, but that’s a change in tech impacting how the spell batching applies to game play…

For the batching to “Feel” authentic they may need to tune it because the modern systems and client work differently than the vanilla client (networking and processing)

Because of that using the “Raw numbers” in some situations really does not work.

What actually matters is an authentic play under “Supposed” ideal conditions for the 2004 to 2006 era.

I am not considering or even going to argue about how powerful PC’s are, servers are, or how good internet is…

Simply that the way the client and server should feel needs to be as close as humanly possible and that’s a job for someone who’s very sensitive to that sort of thing…

Blizzard needs to higher some one that can humanly detect that feel and duplicate that by any means that fits inside the “Blizzard” functions criteria.

When you’re building a so called “Replica” it’s important that it feels and operates in an authentic way.

[

I didn’t know people weren’t going to play hunters, and yes they can scatter traps before going into combat, feign death scatter shot wyvern sting,bm hunter stun, and hunter wing clip root are tools that can be used if talented.

Hunters are very strong and you probably should be able to prevent most melee from coming in melee range. I don’t remember much about leeway or what not and I pvped on a 40 ish hunter slightly over in classic, bestial wrath to win and shooting from afar.

Well those who want to really play hunters will.

It’s the same leeway that’s in Retail now.

Interesting, so this mechanic has never changed?

OR

They’re just using the BFA version presently and it needs to be tuned for “Vanilla” standards?

OR

No freaking clue at all. (where I am on this one)

2 Likes

It was always there, same with spell batching. It was just less noticibke when we had a ping in the hundreds. Now with a ping of 7, these 2006 mechanics ‘feel bad’

My experience in the stress test and in watching beta matches what I remember from Vanilla with ~40 ms ping.

Memories and all, never totally reliable, but it feels right to me.

Not sure if its “precisely” the same, but the mechanic seems to be identical.

Here’s spell leeway at 45yds.

1 Like

As a true diehard vanilla fan (who pvp’d over 10 hours a day for 3 years)… Sorry, but this video Disgusts me.

This should not be in classic wow. They have it all wrong, both melee+spells (leeway). Sorry my man, but I know this for a fact.

1 Like

that video and others i have seen make leeway look ridiculous. it looks like an unintended glitch, not a helpful, fair, mechanic. it will be exploited more than it will ever be helpful. every melee reading the forums is going to try to figure out a way to exploit this. im going to go vomit now while blizz continues to say, “working as intended”.

It only matters in pvp ans classic is a pve game with some tacked on pvp. Not sure why the few hard core pvper think it matters. Really only matters in a dual. I dont see it being a big deal in world pvp or bg. I lost a dual because leeway. I am not a big dick anymore.

The game was created in a certain way with a certain flow and feel to it (For both PvP and PvE) which made the game fun and special. Combat, both PvP and PvE, is a HUGE factor in this game. Get one thing wrong or have 1 mechanic not working as it should and the game begins to lose that feel and flow.

^This is why leeway and spell batching are important and need to be implemented properly.

1 Like