Why is leeway a game killer

Both leeway and spell batching is something Blizzard is implementing for classic. Maybe because the server is a retail server with 7 expansions of code changes.

I plan on doing this ok, don’t give it away

2 Likes

Sure they did.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8237

Here’s the report where it was fixed for many.

1 Like

It’s not.

As long as Leeway is not bugged in its current iteration, it’s working as intended and here to stay. You might get off like one extra auto attack.

Leeway and Spell Batching are pointless band-aids for issues that no longer exist but they’re both “authentic” so we’re stuck with it.

Try to let all the “Sky is Falling” garbage fly over your head.

2 Likes

Not working because of the Broken Spell Batching BS

There’s nothing wrong with it and it won’t affect Classic.

Some people are just looking for something to complain about.

3 Likes

Kronos is the malt liquor of Private servers, not really the source to site if you trying to prove pservers had a mechanic or functioned in any way. No one who plays pservers takes anything that happens on Kronos seriously. (e.g. Vanguard’s 18 minute MC)

1 Like

My Tauren warrior will be one shotting alliance in Stormwind from Orgrimmar. Gotta dream big.

6 Likes

Both leeway and spell batching were tuned to much older hardware and when you encounter them on modern internet connections they just feel way to laggy. It’s basically the same as playing at 1024x768 on a 4K monitor.

1 Like

This will be very problematic… That was what gave hunters a chance vs melee. Specifically rogue. Is there anything blizzard can do to fix that batching issue for them ?

Think about it like this.
2 ppl at 0 ms start running at the same time in the same direction and starting from the same spot. They would be moving in unison and get to the destination at the same time.

Now same thing but with 1 person with 0 ms and the other with high ping. The person with 0 ms would get to the destination first.

Hence why leeway was ping based.
Why would you need an extra (leeway) 2.66yrds in a 1v1 with 2ppl who have 0ms… it doesn’t make sense.

The only times I was able to attack ppl that seemed further away is if I was lagging or had high ping or if they were lagging or had high ping (just high ping situations). Simple to understand rly.

Blizzard lost the leeway/ping algorithm, so they just gave everyone max leeway because… lazy.

3 Likes

Meh, the thing that interested me was proof in 2016, that Retail still had leeway.

Yes that’s pretty dumb in my opinion. Because if you think of it a laggy player still probably saw the distance as close back in vanilla do to ping differences. Where as now it’s exaggerated because of faster hardware. Hmmm oh well

SO everyone roll cow tank and we have 20 yrd melee fights

1 Like

It’s jsut another buzz topic like layering.

Frankly I don’t give a damn.

No… leeway only works on someone running away from you…

ya so 20 yrd melee exicute when they try to run away

1 Like

As a warrior, I’m 100% fine with leeway as it is lool

2 Likes

of course you are

2 Likes

No, it only requires moving targets. Direction of movement doesn’t matter.